1200 bandit

Corrado just scanned

I have just scanned the corrado 1993 2.0 16 value with a sanp on scanner

Have got a permanent fault

00516 CLOSED THROTTLE (IDLE)POSITION SWITCH (F60)OPEN CIRCUIT/SHORT WITH POWER

This is the code l got of the sanp on scanner,Is it the the 2 micro switches that are on the throttle body or something else,l have removed the micro switchs ,have 12 volt reading on the gray wiring uesing the centre wire as the earth,also got a reading from the rear switch on the throttle body but no reading from the front micro switch. if anyone knows,has a switch/sensor ect for sale,can please let me know :scratch:

Been playing with the corrado,When start the engine is was like a engine misfire.so got a new dizzy not the fault.I did borrow a scanner after l got the dizzy.see above.Before l removed the switches l found that the front micro was not clicking when throttle was moved. Removed the switchs and checked.refitted the switchs adjusted the front switch so when moved throttle the switch now clicks.

The engine now starts and runs spot on.will have to borrow the scanner again to check it out

If abody needs a good working dizzy l have one.

OK Have rescanned the corrado sill have the above fault.Is it the micro switchs on thr throttle body or l pi##ing in the wind

Anboby any information

Hi,

Did you erase the code the first time around? One switch is the closed throttle and the other is for wide open throttle. If the switch wasn't clicking before but is now and all is well then I'd say that's problem solved.

Have adjusted the switch now clicks wh en throttle moves the fault is permanently there

The car now runs, starts ok (after finding the wiring to the engine temperature switch had fell off in side the wiring block)the car pulls like a train

Can't get rid off this fault.