somersetdub

Girling G60 Dual Piston (Audi S2) Calipers

Hey guys,

Just wondered if anyone has any experience of these calipers on a Corrado?

What I would like to know is whether they will fit a Vr6 with the 5 bolt setup.. I am aware they bolt straight onto a 4 bolt setup with 280mm discs..

Also, are they more powerful than a 288mm setup?

I am considering going back to 15s and need a powerful brake setup...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got a set of these calipers mate.

Never actually fitted them though because I grabbed a good deal on a set of Brembo 4 pots.

Doesn't matter if it's a g60, Vr or valver, the hubs are the same bolt wise.

Have a look on clubti.com as there was an excellent write up with photos of these being fitted to a mk2 golf gti track car.

Let me know if your interested.

Edited by VEEDUBBED

Thanks Veedubbed,

I suspected they would fit a vr hub, but had read somewhere the offset was wrong for the vr 280mm discs.

I'm in a similar situation where I've currently got Brembo 4 pots with 17s, but keep thinking I want to go back to the standard speedlines, but will be needing really decent brakes.

I have been struggling with this decision for some time too. I have Brembos but want to keep the G60 BBS alloy.

I've owned and driven Audi S2's & UR Quattros that use the G60 caliper and the brakes are not great. I'm not overly convinced that the G60 caliper is a good compromise.

Edited by marks2

Thanks Veedubbed,

I suspected they would fit a vr hub, but had read somewhere the offset was wrong for the vr 280mm discs.

I'm in a similar situation where I've currently got Brembo 4 pots with 17s, but keep thinking I want to go back to the standard speedlines, but will be needing really decent brakes.

The Vr and G60 discs have the same offset !

I have been struggling with this decision for some time too. I have Brembos but want to keep the G60 BBS alloy.

I've owned and driven Audi S2's & UR Quattros that use the G60 caliper and the brakes are not great. I'm not overly convinced that the G60 caliper is a good compromise.

Thanks for that. I haven't driven any Audi with those calipers as far as I can remember, so any insight into what they're like is useful.

I have these on my non abs g60 with a 25.4mm master and work loads better than the standard g60 setup. I cant comment on whether they are better than 288s tho...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thanks for that. I haven't driven any Audi with those calipers as far as I can remember, so any insight into what they're like is useful.

The S2 Avant is much heavier than the Corrado. Mine felt very under braked with a poor pedal feel with the G60's up front. The upgrade to 314mm A8 discs and 996 Brembo monoblocks was night vs day; hence my reluctance to spend on the G60 setup.

I have these on my non abs g60 with a 25.4mm master and work loads better than the standard g60 setup. I cant comment on whether they are better than 288s tho...

Do you know if the G60's fit over the BBS RZ alloy without a spacer?

The S2 Avant is much heavier than the Corrado. Mine felt very under braked with a poor pedal feel with the G60's up front. The upgrade to 314mm A8 discs and 996 Brembo monoblocks was night vs day; hence my reluctance to spend on the G60 setup.

Yeah I appreciate the S2 is much heavier.

Sounds like they aren't great from what you've said though. I'm running 996 Brembos with 330mm discs. They haven't been on for long, but feel very strong, as they should.

Do you know if the G60's fit over the BBS RZ alloy without a spacer?
Dont know im afraid. I run 16in borbet a's

What size master cylinder was you using?

What size master cylinder was you using?

On the S2? Std ABY