Rob W

ECM relays

I'm hoping someone out there could help a newby!!

My VR6 is running fine, but i recently tried to put an OBD diagnostic system on my car to check out an ABS fault (light stays on) and it wouldn't connect to my car. After a quick look at a few simple areas i thought could be at fault, i noticed that Relay 3 (ECM) was a 109. After looking at the repair manual i have for it, it says it should be Relay 30 or 32. having purchased a Relay 30, i replaced it and the engine cut out after 2 - 3 seconds (i suspected the fuel pump had its feed cut).

Is Relay 109 the correct one and the manual is incorrect, or, is it possible that someone has changed the wiring on the ECM circuit which now requires Relay 109 for it to work.

Although I just found it later on stating 32/30 as you originally stated sorry! What year is your car?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

mines a 1994. if you have a 109 (upside down) on yours and all is fine, i dare say that mine should be the same.

mines a 1994. if you have a 109 (upside down) on yours and all is fine, i dare say that mine should be the same.
Yep, although I'm sure mine was the right way up?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

just checked, due to some of the terminals, it can't go in the right way. never the less, its in and it works. more fault finding needed.

Thanks for your help !