Sign in to follow this  
G60Jet

NIP's and how to get off scott free

It turns out that there is a loophole in the law about NIPs in the uk

if the owner fills them out and not signing them there is no law to make then sign it.

Thus you cant get done how cool is that, see the max max power page 14 :lol:

ok, notice of intended prosecution, got it. If you dont sign is it not something like preventing the course of justice?

I have heard that because this is so widely known about now, they (the police) will try and threaten to do you with "perverting the course of justice" if you do not sign - i.e. you're purposely doing it to get round the law.

Quite if they could actually prosecute you is another matter - surely they couldn't make you sign it if there is no legal requirement to do so....

you cant be done for perverting the course of justice if you dont lie or send them off track!!

you cant be done for perverting the course of justice if you dont lie or send them off track!!

Exactly - I think it's just a scare/bullying tactic to try and force people to sign them.

Police are experts at trying to bully money/ confessions out of you. I always work on this; if a complete stranger told you that you had to pay him for speeding down his driveway would you pay him without question?

If you get a NIP make sure you ask them for lots of information/ proof, they usually give up chasing you 'cause they ain't got enough people to process the paperwork. The Police are rarely right in their convictions of speeding drivers so I suggest surfing the web for info, worked for me :lol: , this one is good:

http://www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk/

another one i've heard of is that if you send a cheque for 1p over what the fine/fixed penalty is and you don't cash the cheque they send back for the 1p they seemingly can't process it......don't know how true or effective that is though

Ohhh watch out for that one dude, my mate did that and ended up in court anyway... he was doing 100+ mind you.

Have a search around the web, there are loads of sites with information on how to dodge stealth tax, and they (generally) work :)

another one i've heard of is that if you send a cheque for 1p over what the fine/fixed penalty is and you don't cash the cheque they send back for the 1p they seemingly can't process it......don't know how true or effective that is though

Urban legend as far as I remember Roddy.

Might have worked the first couple of times it was tried but I'm pretty sure they are wise to it now.

Urban legend as far as I remember Roddy.

Might have worked the first couple of times it was tried but I'm pretty sure they are wise to it now.

like i said.....only heard about it never tried it.....honest g'vnor :wink:

Erm, yes! Declare them asap! I only had to pay an extra £6 with Elephant when I declared mine :D

Right, Actually got stopped by the traffic cops. Got the ticket to send back with the fine and my license.

Do i not send my license? Do i not Sign the form? Do i leave out the cheque??

I am soooo confused :shock: :?

Would it be agood idea to ask for a cpoy of the calibration certificates and the daily check sheet of the Omega the tit was driving??

He was hiding behind a hill, with no yellow over coat. Does this make a difference?

Actually, could i send a letter stating that they were not visible and for proof that it was actually my vehicle they caught and not the "lotus passing me?..."

Think u might be fooked this time, did they use a gun on u or was it a car with the vascar thingy.

It looks like it dont it? Though i still dont understand how they can prove it was me? :?

I was next to a lotus at the time!!!

I was next to a lotus at the time!!!

If it works that Lotus will have been a godsend twice :wink:

Yeah! Tell me about it!!! LOL

Just think, If there was no lotus.....

AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! Damn Scary Thought!!!!! :shock:

:lol: