Sign in to follow this  
Corradoboy18

Left hand driver to Right Hand driver?

Howdy Y'all...

Is it possible to turn a LHD corrado into a RHD corrado? if it is possible where can i get a complete RHD dash? Is it worth the hassle?

Thanks,

Chris

Excuse me if this sounds like a weird question, but why, if you are in the States, would you want to convert to RHD?

As a general rule, anything that involved removing/installing dashes, is best avoided if possible! They are usually a pig to do - especially going from LHD to RHD as pretty much everything has to be reversed Then you are always bound to get the sqeaks afterwards as well!!

it can be done the hardist part will be findind a RHD steering mount for the wheel

Niko wat doing it to his, never heard if he finished it though

it can be done the hardist part will be findind a RHD steering mount for the wheel

Niko wat doing it to his, never heard if he finished it though

wasn't niko doing it the other way about nige???...........RHD to LHD

How cool is it for you guys to see a left side driver? Don't lie either, i bet you melt with envy. Well, it's the same here. When the street racing world in the U.S. sees a J-spec car with RHD everyone respects that person. I just want to be one of the first people with a volkswagen RHD. Never seen one in the states. Is that too much to ask for?

:) I

Does anybody know where i would be able to find a Corrado front clip in the U.K.? Wrecked?

I know it'll be difficult but that's what makes it so much fun.

And if you wonder why i post on this website it's because i like getting other peoples point of views, not just the americans.

Chris

To be honest mate you would be better off selling your left handed hooker and importing a rhd model it will save you a hell of alot of hassle or better still leave it as a lefty. I dont remember ever thinking wow it's LHD but you never know some people on this site may think differently to me!!! :D

u thrwoing away yo money for this conversion man cuz quite frnalky not much ppl give a damn what driving side you car is. Now you go and spend than money on the car and engine and thast when ppl will respect you when you got all that heat under your engine 8) just my opinion but as banana said just get a car from UK much easier

RHD corrado over here would be sweet i was trying to get one for awhile but everything was so expensive and then trying to arrange it to come over here was impossible. but good luck. i'd like to see it when its down.

How cool is it for you guys to see a left side driver? Don't lie either, i bet you melt with envy. Well, it's the same here. When the street racing world in the U.S. sees a J-spec car with RHD everyone respects that person. I just want to be one of the first people with a volkswagen RHD. Never seen one in the states. Is that too much to ask for?

:) I

Does anybody know where i would be able to find a Corrado front clip in the U.K.? Wrecked?

I know it'll be difficult but that's what makes it so much fun.

And if you wonder why i post on this website it's because i like getting other peoples point of views, not just the americans.

Chris

sorry but a LHD C over in the uk just isn't a desirable sight in fact its normally looked upon as a cheap way of getting a popular performance car in the uk.......the only exceptions to the rule being golf rallye's,bmw m3's(e-30)and the lancia delta integrale as when these get converted to RHD(which some have been done) they use lesser models steering components and can lose some steering feel/sharpness etc....so the LHD originals are more desirable