Blakey77

'93 Satin Silver 16v

Hi all,

I've recently joined following the purchase of the 16v. I've always had VW's (air and water cooled) and Audi's, and due to a change in circumstances I found myself in a position to buy something older again, but unfortunately not with a big budget, which is fine as it was planned to be a long term rolling project. I was looking at having another Golf Mk2 GTI, but as my wife has one I thought I should have something else. I had a an '88 Scirocco GTX a few years ago and really miss it so was set on having another one, but having always loved but never owned a Corrado, they kept popping into my mind. So this one came up not far from me, and as much as Corrado's look great in dark metallics, the silver got me hooked. I normally don't buy modified cars, so against my better judgement I went for it. It certainly ticks all the boxes for a project - I think I must have felt sorry for it and wanted to rescue it. Anyway, enough waffle, the plan is to return it to pretty much standard.

When I first got it home, next to my wife's GTI, the Corrado was far to low, so I've raised it a bit.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]88835[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]88829[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]88826[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]88832[/ATTACH]

Cheers, Mark.

Edited by Blakey77
post pics properly...

Thanks VEEDUBBED :)

The main plans are to change the Borbets and go back to BBS RZ's or possibly Sebring's. The cheap coilovers need to go, as now I've raised it, it bottoms out easily and isn't a particularly comfortable ride. It has a badly made Powerflow exhaust which doesn't sound good either, so that will make way for a Jetex system.

Otherwise it just needs TLC to improve its condition, replacing broken interior trim and improving the bodywork etc. :)

Well if you need spares, let me know mate.

Try adjusting the spring platforms on the coilovers first, can't beat the look of a lowered corrado.. High, they look awful.

I can just imagine how good your Corrado would look with a set of ol school AZEV's..lovely!

Edited by VEEDUBBED

Cheers, funnily enough I was thinking about Azev A's earlier, a great wheel.

I like the look but I wouldn't go for staggered with stretched tyres again though.