elliott

Gumtree storm (attractive price)

Anyone interested? Not far from me so don't mind looking on anyone's behalf. Last three registration characters not the most desirable 🤣 but looks a nice project.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/mystic-blue-corrado-29-vr6-storm-not-many-left-now/1267803057

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk

Duck? Nothing wrong with that reg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll quack the jokes

spoke to the seller yesterday and I'm viewing it Saturday morning all going well.sounds like it's needing a fair bit done especially the bodywork

spoke to the seller yesterday and I'm viewing it Saturday morning all going well.sounds like it's needing a fair bit done especially the bodywork

Nice one mate, looks ok for the money if all the oily bits are in order. Good luck for Saturday and let us know how it goes.

Cheers Elliott,I will definitely do that and if I do buy it I'm sure I'll be looking for plenty of advice from the guys on here.still not keen on the reg number though.......

Cheers Elliott,I will definitely do that and if I do buy it I'm sure I'll be looking for plenty of advice from the guys on here.still not keen on the reg number though.......

A nice something, something VWC plate would sort that out unless you like ducks? 🤣

A nice something, something VWC plate would sort that out unless you like ducks? 🤣

Yeah maybe,I'm not into ducks but I like cats.was going to write myself a check-list for when I look at the car because I always forget stuff when I view a car.any contributions on what to look out for are most welcome.

Rust and more rust in the unwanted areas. Fuel filler, rear quarters up high inside the arch, under the sill trims, behind the rear badge, sill corners front and back and check the radiator support (although that ones an easy fix). Have a good look around the front window rubber as well but it's not easy.

Check the interior for damp, rubber seals are pricey and the notorious heater matrix is a nightmare to replace.

To be fair for the price you'll need to factor some repairs but if you need a second opinion I don't mind looking.

Have you owned a corrado in the past?

It's only 9 miles from me that one.

Edited by elliott

Anyone interested? Not far from me so don't mind looking on anyone's behalf. Last three registration characters not the most desirable 🤣 but looks a nice project.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/mystic-blue-corrado-29-vr6-storm-not-many-left-now/1267803057

Gotta like it. Pictures always make things look better, but it looks good and I'm sure will sell.

Well spotted

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Have you owned a corrado in the past?

It's only 9 miles from me that one.

Not owned one in the past, sciroccos and a mk2 golf gti which I still have.always fancied a corrado and the time is right but I'm a bit green when it comes to them

Well they're sort of like a golf and sort of like a scirocco but definitely not the same

They're high maintenance and a real headache at times but well worth all the grief once you get behind the wheel. Be warned... the vr is addictive and will always put a smile on your face.

Well they're sort of like a golf and sort of like a scirocco but definitely not the same

They're high maintenance and a real headache at times but well worth all the grief once you get behind the wheel. Be warned... the vr is addictive and will always put a smile on your face.

I know what you mean,I had my first drive in one a few weeks back (the one near balloch) for 15 minutes and I got the bug now.if you're serious about having a look and you have time that would be great-save me a 5 hour round trip if it's needing too much done,much appreciated

I know what you mean,I had my first drive in one a few weeks back (the one near balloch) for 15 minutes and I got the bug now.if you're serious about having a look and you have time that would be great-save me a 5 hour round trip if it's needing too much done,much appreciated

No worries, I'll let you know but should be free for a look on Friday or maybe Saturday.

I also looked at the one in balloch some time ago but for the money it needed too much for me.

No worries, I'll let you know but should be free for a look on Friday or maybe Saturday.

I also looked at the one in balloch some time ago but for the money it needed too much for me.

Top bloke,cheers.he offered me it for 6.5k and I thought the same plus I had to give half hours notice of my arrival and the engine was running when I got there which I thought was strange.anyway I've to phone the seller of the duck on Friday to confirm for Saturday

Top bloke,cheers.he offered me it for 6.5k and I thought the same plus I had to give half hours notice of my arrival and the engine was running when I got there which I thought was strange.anyway I've to phone the seller of the duck on Friday to confirm for Saturday

Yeah a few things didn't add up and give me confidence, engine was running when I looked and he wouldn't turn it off while we talked? Still seemed like a solid car but he was asking for a lot more when I was looking.

Do you want me to contact the seller on gumtree? No idea what the weather's to be this weekend but hopefully it's dry. I hate looking at things in the rain, always looks better in the wet.

Yeah a few things didn't add up and give me confidence, engine was running when I looked and he wouldn't turn it off while we talked? Still seemed like a solid car but he was asking for a lot more when I was looking.

Do you want me to contact the seller on gumtree? No idea what the weather's to be this weekend but hopefully it's dry. I hate looking at things in the rain, always looks better in the wet.

Yeah,if you want that would be great but she might try to put you off because a guy called Chris is meant to be viewing on Saturday (that would be me)

Yeah,if you want that would be great but she might try to put you off because a guy called Chris is meant to be viewing on Saturday (that would be me)

No problem, I'll drop her a message and let her know if it's ok. If you're seriously interested you might want to be there? I've no idea what you're looking for, everyone's got different ideas of what's good or bad.

No problem, I'll drop her a message and let her know if it's ok. If you're seriously interested you might want to be there? I've no idea what you're looking for, everyone's got different ideas of what's good or bad.

Yep that's cool.im not expecting it to be mint bodily as there is plenty of surface rust on the arches,door bottoms and a bit around the fuel filler which is apparently just cosmetic.been serviced regularly so mechanically should be ok.usual problem with the sunroof. Been used as a daily driver until now but like you say the price is attractive so might be worth a punt.

It failed its mot the last 4 years then passed...

Failed on 31st July with current points

Stop lamp not working (1.2.1b)

Offside Front Seat belt anchorage prescribed area is excessively corroded leg (5.2.6)

Front front brake excessively fluctuating (3.7.B.3)

Parking brake: efficiency below requirements (3.7.B.7)

Advisory notice item(s)

Nearside Front Inner Tyre worn close to the legal limit (4.1.E.1)

Offside Front Brake pipe slightly corroded (3.6.B.2c)

Nearside Front Seat belt anchorage prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive sill (5.2.6)

Body has slight corrosion front x member (6.1.B.2)

Passed with current advisory points on 1st August

Advisory notice item(s)

Nearside Front Inner Tyre worn close to the legal limit (4.1.E.1)

Offside Front Brake pipe slightly corroded (3.6.B.2c)

Nearside Front Seat belt anchorage prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive sill (5.2.6)

Body has slight corrosion front x member (6.1.B.2)

My 2p, what lurks beneath is what you need to look for. If the visible rust is to go by it might be a bit crustier underneath, for the right price but I dare say there will be a fair bit of stripping and paint required.

My 2p, what lurks beneath is what you need to look for. If the visible rust is to go by it might be a bit crustier underneath, for the right price but I dare say there will be a fair bit of stripping and paint required.

Thanks for your input guys,much appreciated.elliott your off the hook,I've got a friend of a friend who's an ex vw mechanic coming with me so you'll get your weekend to yourself but thanks for offering your services.will keep you updated as to whether I'm brave enough to take it on

Thanks for your input guys,much appreciated.elliott your off the hook,I've got a friend of a friend who's an ex vw mechanic coming with me so you'll get your weekend to yourself but thanks for offering your services.will keep you updated as to whether I'm brave enough to take it on

No worries mate, I contacted the seller but didn't get round to arranging a time. I'm just looking for an excuse to look at corrados 🤣

Good luck for Saturday.

Ok,so I've bought it,full service history apart from 1 year missed out,some issues with the bodywork to rectify but alll-in-all pretty chuffed with it-apart from the number platelooking forward to getting her,or is it him back to former glory.thanks again Guys for your comments/input-I'm now officially a corrado owner finally!anyone interested in a very tidy mk2 golf gti in Capri green or know of anyone who is?