Sign in to follow this  
bighands

Wobbly wheel

im not at work today due 2 the fact my car only has 3 wheels :cry: I was trying 2 replace the 2 wheel bearings, front and back, and have buggered the rear caliper up, but the problem is with the front, i thought the wheel bearing had gone, but the play seems 2 be in the suspension, from the top and bottom of the wheel, you ans move it about 5-10 mm, when the car is jacked up, but no movement sideways, so i have brought a wheel bearing for nothing! the top mount i think has gone, or is loose, but there only a year old, this normal???

Oh and any good ideas on how 2 get a piston back in on the rear caliper?? So i can go 2 work tomorrow! :(

theres a tool you can buy from halfords to wined the piston back in,but you could use a pair of pliers in a vice

wind? it has 2 be wound back in?? so i cant just go n get a G clamp like i was n squeeze it back in?

it just doesnt seem 2 wanna go in!! in my temper i have prob bust it anyway :mad:

they need to be wound back in on the rears unlike the front ones,the ones on mine were siezed so i had to buy new ones :mad:

aaarrrrr!!1 i see, so loosing my temper and hitting them with the hammer, wasnt such a good idea im guessing? u say halfords sell a tool? whats it called?!?! hoping i dont have 2 go down ur road n buy another one, there not cheap! :D

No its ok, jujst spoke 2 local halfords and they have the tool! now its the wobbly wheel question that need's sorting!! cheers for ur help mate, much apprechiated!

it could be your bottom ball joint thats shagged

less than 10 quid for a lower ball joint, worth a try