BarberG60

G60 suspension setup

Im after a suspension setup for our G60.

The coilover fitted are seized up and the car is too low so is anyone selling a useable suspension setup for a 92 G60?

Thanks

Are you looking for standard or coilovers/ lowering kit? What sort of budget have you got in mind? If it's of any interest to you I still have my dampers springs from when I swapped over to the aps. They are yours if you want them. Do need top plates though.

Are they standard height springs?

Ideally In after something lowered. I know I should buy new but a supercharger rebuild is a priority but there's no way I can free up the coilovers on there.

Cheers

Keep in mind that the H&R springs listed for the G60/16v don't go well with the Koni Sport top adjustable dampers.

The H&R 16/G60 springs are a 35mm drop and designed to work with standard rate dampers not the uprated damping on the Konis, this results in a spring/damper mismatch and a terrible ride.

You can fit the VR6 H&R springs to the Konis on a G60/16v and they work just fine that way, either that or standard dampers with the G60/16v H&R springs.

Always found these folks to be pretty decent for 3rd party spares and they have been trading for a while now:

AVS Car Parts

They have front and rear dampers for around £50 each for the fronts and £30 for the rears along with all the associated fitting hardware (ie top mounts etc). Its also worth noting you can get away with using the VR6 style front top mount setup as its a bit easier to fit than the slotted nut arrangement you find on the earlier cars.

Original shock absorber specification was oil filled but dual piston gas filled will give a better ride given the state of the roads.

Lots of threads on here about spring caps differences etc so have a look for them.

Are they standard height springs?

Ideally In after something lowered. I know I should buy new but a supercharger rebuild is a priority but there's no way I can free up the coilovers on there.

Cheers

yes they are standard height springs and shocks. Though they would get you back on the road till you can save up for new coilovers. Btw ap get my vote and aren't all that expensive.