olliestratton@gmail.com

Laserline Fun

Hey all you lovely folk. Battery went dead a few days ago after a week with one of the internal lights on I suspect, after giving it a bit of a charge off another car the Laserline immobiliser is working but is not deactivating when using the fob, it is the laserline 995 system, i have the original paperwork but have no idea how to reset it, I know an old mechanic replaced the battery a few years ago for me and set the alarm off in the process so I want to be sure not to do that!

Thanks ever so much, this place always has the answer buried somewhere but have rooted around without much success so far.

If you intend to reprogram the fob again... it's quite easy.... the instructions are on here somewhere or I maybe able to dig some out... I bought 3 new fobs and had to programs them recently... you need to find your control box a flick a few dip switches... and go through a sequence with the keys in the ignition.

It's a rubbish alarm rip it out and put something modern in :) I was very tempted.

Mine was a 996

"As for reprogramming a laserline fob it can be done. I have instructions for 996V2/996V3/919/917/776/719.

As follows:-

Note when programming a new fob ALL existing fobs/touch keys must be programmed in also. The system will accept a maximum of 4 fobs and two touch keys.

Procedure:

1. Ensure that the alarm system is fully disabled using and existing fob/touch key.

2. Locate the alarm control box.

3. Turn on the vehicle ignition

4. Set Dip switch 3 to the ON position. If the LED is ON go to step 6

5. Press and release the arm/disarm button on a valid remote or insert a valid touch key. The LED will light continuously.

6. Press and release the arm/disarm button on the new fob (or insert and remove the touch key). This will be acknowledged by the led going off then on again.

7. Repeat step 6 with ALL fobs/keys to be programmed onto the system.

8. Set dip switch 3 back to off position and turn off ignition.

9. Test all new fobs/keys. "

This works for me so it's a start

Edited by delfinis38

Thanks Delfinis38. I'll check this out on the weekend. Still a little cold to spend an evening tinkering. So you didn't go for a new alarm then? Maybe it's time I should go for one, need to sort out the leak in the rear passenger footwell first but thats another story...

Thanks again Delfini

If you intend to reprogram the fob again... it's quite easy.... the instructions are on here somewhere or I maybe able to dig some out... I bought 3 new fobs and had to programs them recently... you need to find your control box a flick a few dip switches... and go through a sequence with the keys in the ignition.

It's a rubbish alarm rip it out and put something modern in :) I was very tempted.

Mine was a 996

"As for reprogramming a laserline fob it can be done. I have instructions for 996V2/996V3/919/917/776/719.

As follows:-

Note when programming a new fob ALL existing fobs/touch keys must be programmed in also. The system will accept a maximum of 4 fobs and two touch keys.

Procedure:

1. Ensure that the alarm system is fully disabled using and existing fob/touch key.

2. Locate the alarm control box.

3. Turn on the vehicle ignition

4. Set Dip switch 3 to the ON position. If the LED is ON go to step 6

5. Press and release the arm/disarm button on a valid remote or insert a valid touch key. The LED will light continuously.

6. Press and release the arm/disarm button on the new fob (or insert and remove the touch key). This will be acknowledged by the led going off then on again.

7. Repeat step 6 with ALL fobs/keys to be programmed onto the system.

8. Set dip switch 3 back to off position and turn off ignition.

9. Test all new fobs/keys. "

This works for me so it's a start

Hey delfinis, where was your control box located?

cheers,

Within the dash board, in front of the gearstick.

Pull the trim shelf below the glovebox away. Have a look in front of the gearstick within the dash.