gollfy1

G60 Reconditioned Charger Advise regards oil feeds

Hi all,

Fitted a reconditioned charger and was advised to check oil feeds while cranking engine over (immobilised)

I am getting oil feeding through to the feed at the side of the charger but its only damp at the feed at the front, however I do have oil pouring out the charger ther.

Is the one on the side a feed and the one at the front a return? This would explain why I see no oil from the hose but it comes out of the charger.

Want to be double sure everything is ok before starting my car.

Cheers

dave

Hi all,

Fitted a reconditioned charger and was advised to check oil feeds while cranking engine over (immobilised)

I am getting oil feeding through to the feed at the side of the charger but its only damp at the feed at the front, however I do have oil pouring out the charger ther.

Is the one on the side a feed and the one at the front a return? This would explain why I see no oil from the hose but it comes out of the charger.

Want to be double sure everything is ok before starting my car.

Cheers

dave

Crank the engine over in very short bursts to establish oil flow at the charger end of the feed pipe (the oil pipe that starts at the end of the cylinder head) the return pipe at lower point of the charger attaches to the bottom of your block, just make sure the oil return bolt that screws in the charger has larger drilled holes to avoid an excessive back pressure of oil which can pop your oil seals in the charger.