ryan_welshman

Uprated headlight loom querie

Hello all.

Installed a premade after market headlight loom from a seller on ebay as was told was a good maker.

First thing, all is well but when I switch to full beam, the driver side comes on but the passenger side goes off completely, when switch back to dim, they both light up again.

Checked fuses all OK. Have disconnected from the mini capacitor in the passenger wing.

Have I missed a step?

There are 2, 2 pin plugs by the battery, do I disconnect or keep connected? (See picture)

Also does anyone know where I can get a new spring clip for the 4 pin plug? Or a new plug that i can use the spring off? It's gone astray somewhere (See picture)

Cheers!f01be9d351793e17473cf3655a8e5aee.jpg43362b2490fdcc0b0adb3ac13f564425.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Does the new loom come with connectors that fit to the lamp connector? Check the pin has not pushed back out of the new harness plug that connects to the lamp connector as that's what mine did on my Rayne loom.

Does the new loom come with connectors that fit to the lamp connector? Check the pin has not pushed back out of the new harness plug that connects to the lamp connector as that's what mine did on my Rayne loom.

Rayne automotive supplied me some additional male and female connection blocks so I could tidy my loom up... they were quite expensive but worth it i think.

Rayne automotive supplied me some additional male and female connection blocks so I could tidy my loom up... they were quite expensive but worth it i think.

Mine came with connectors already fitted, plug and play. Their connectors don't lock together too well with the originals and the spade connectors don't lock into their housings too well, they're a bit "Chineeseum" in concept / execution, but work with a little help when fitting and have been fine in operation ever since.

Mine came with connectors already fitted, plug and play. Their connectors don't lock together too well with the originals and the spade connectors don't lock into their housings too well, they're a bit "Chineeseum" in concept / execution, but work with a little help when fitting and have been fine in operation ever since.

Mine was a 3 relay loom from Kurzy.. which I put additional plugs on myself.