Sign in to follow this  
coolrado

active exhaust???

we all know about the spoiler extending on c's well it seems my exhaust has got jealous and has decided to follow suit :lol:

my car still has the original exhaust which looks almost new just a little rust around the hangers (looks better than most new quickfit ones) it fits great and sits nice and level with the bumper and all the hangers are straight down but after it has warmed up on a long drive the tail pipe sticks out about 2inches more at the back and looks a bit odd :roll: it goes back to normal when its cooled down though :scratch:

i know exhausts expand when they get hot but 2 inches seems a bit excessive :wink:

has anyone else noticed this or have i got the 1st active exhaust :lol:

Haven't noticed this on mine - although I have never looked for it.

Only explaination I can think of is that the worn mounting rubbers may need replacing ??

Heat will make the old rubber softer & more flexible. As they cool down again the hangers will become harder & pull the exhaust back into it's correct position ??

all the rubbers have just been replaced to prevent the exhaust knocking on the rear beam i might go full stainless if i can find one that looks allmost identical to the original one and sounds similar

My Powerflow moves sideways to the left when it gets hot, & considering it fills the whole cutout, it ends up melting the bumper :roll:

Robbo