NewbridgeJob

16v Power Steering Pump Stuck - Help

So, my power steering was squealing like hell and i'd noticed that you could spin the pulley by hand. Basically the belt was too loose and had absolutely zero grip.

I wanted to try and tension it first to make sure the pump was running ok but i can't get it to move! It seems to be seized in place.

I've removed the two bolts that i've circled and arrowed in the picture attached. Am i missing something else? Is there anything else to loosen? It's hard to work out from looking underneath how the tensioner actually operates.

Any help appreciated

I think there's another bolt at the top but from the picture it looks like you've taken out the adjusting bolt. From memory, the 'eyebolt', shown just to the left of the circle, needs slackening off and then the bolt you've removed is the actual tensioner bolt. Once you are happy with the tension, tighten up the nut on the eyebolt. Quite simple yet neat little design

Thanks a lot. This was the case. It’s a clever design indeed. So clever that I couldn’t work it out!

I assumed that with everything loose you’d be able to move the pump by hand but you really need to tighten that bolt to get the tension on

Thanks again