nutter driver

Sunroof issues...

sunroof issues guys and girls.... Ive read a huge number of threads over the past day or so, but not found anybody with quite the same problems we're having..... with the motor, it goes back, but only an inch or so at a time, comes forward the same way. Had it out today, cleaned everything up, re-lubed it to the point i can wind it back and forward with the allen key using one finger, so im thinking it might just be a case for a new motor? I know they usually have issues with cables/linkages, anyone know any more than i do before i start hunting for a new motor?

Cheers,

Pete

Yeah it does sound like the motor or switch.

This happens I think on central locking motor's sometimes, when they're operating too often and get hot, the overload sensor kicks in and the central locking doesn't work for about 1 minute or so.

Could well be that the motor has partially burnt out, like you say you could try a secondhand one.

What about if you drop the motor out but have the power connector still attached, and apply slight pressure using your fingers on the motor gear, to see if it is playing up ?

Si

good shout sir... took it out tonight, first couple of times, it went through the cycle perfectly, then all of a sudden started doing half turns then stopping...... gonna try and hunt down a good known motor i think and see if it fixes it... either way, i guess i can now get the headlining back in, looks unlikely to be a cassette problem now.....

random, but we're only in poole, so if you see a dark burgandy vr6 pootling around locally, give us a wave! :)

No worries :thumbleft:

Below is the part number and cost of a new sunroof motor, in stock at VW Classic Parts,

just in case you can't find a decent used one.

357 877 795 £217.92

Sunroof motor (for Corrado)

But check the part number with your old one,

if you do go for the new motor.

Si

Edited by vw rule

cheers bud, going to try and see if a mk3 golf one will work, looks simiilar-ish and appears to have the same electircal arrangement..... might be a waste of time, but loads of people claim to be running mk3 golf ones, and it was £12 delivered, so i figure its worth a shot...... otherwise i think ill just close my eyes and order a new one, be nice to actually be able to drive the car rather than fix it all the time.....

cheers bud, going to try and see if a mk3 golf one will work, looks simiilar-ish and appears to have the same electircal arrangement..... might be a waste of time, but loads of people claim to be running mk3 golf ones, and it was £12 delivered, so i figure its worth a shot...... otherwise i think ill just close my eyes and order a new one, be nice to actually be able to drive the car rather than fix it all the time.....

I used a mk3 golf motor in my previous Corrado and it worked perfectly. Good luck

i know its been said numerous times, but just in case anyone finds this topic in a search, i fitted the cheapest mk3 golf motor i could find on ebay, £9, didnt look that simmilar, but shared the same type of plug, it arrived, and other than being a bit of a prick to figure out where it needed to start and stop, works perfectly with zero modifications once id got it figured out.

Cheers,

Pete