_Matt_

VCDS log attached - chasing a couple of issues

Hi,

Just purchased a vcds (lite) cable and had a play with looking at the live values on the Corrado. I have a couple of niggles with the engine -

1/ hard to start once warmed and actually after it's been sitting in the Sun from cold in the circa 30 degree temps we have!

2/ idle fluctuates - can feel but can't see it on the tacho - log shows it jumping 20/30rpm. It also feels like it misses ever so slightly as I revved it to circa 2500rpm. I don't really notice it whilst driving but it's always been like it since owning the car.

[ATTACH]93652[/ATTACH]

Laptop battery went dead so file ended abruptly.

I thought the blue coolant sensor might be duff to solve issue 1/ but the logged temps looked fine - what do you guys think?

I'm not sure what the idle issue is. Also notice the Ignition BTDC jumps all over the place - is that normal?

Lastly the engine registers as a 2.8 - I thought it was a 2.9. Guess it could have had an engine change - is vcds accurate at reading the right engine?

Hi,

Just purchased a vcds (lite) cable and had a play with looking at the live values on the Corrado. I have a couple of niggles with the engine -

1/ hard to start once warmed and actually after it's been sitting in the Sun from cold in the circa 30 degree temps we have!

2/ idle fluctuates - can feel but can't see it on the tacho - log shows it jumping 20/30rpm. It also feels like it misses ever so slightly as I revved it to circa 2500rpm. I don't really notice it whilst driving but it's always been like it since owning the car.

[ATTACH]93652[/ATTACH]

Laptop battery went dead so file ended abruptly.

I thought the blue coolant sensor might be duff to solve issue 1/ but the logged temps looked fine - what do you guys think?

I'm not sure what the idle issue is. Also notice the Ignition BTDC jumps all over the place - is that normal?

Lastly the engine registers as a 2.8 - I thought it was a 2.9. Guess it could have had an engine change - is vcds accurate at reading the right engine?

Could the car have been fitted with a 2.8 AAA ecu (instead os an ABV)? I'm sure that's where it would get such info from?

Possibly - where's the best place to check? It comes up as a 2.8 on my OBDelevan device as well. If it was a 2.8 ECU would that cause any problems - like less power etc.?

Cheers,

Matt

The ECU part number 021 906 258 CP in your log is the correct ECU which is fitted to a late VR6.

I've checked it against mine, a 1995 VR6 and it's the same.