Sign in to follow this  
tinsman

exhaust systems

1992 vr6 corrado. im pretty sure im getting an exhaust system soon. i dont know a whole lot about it :? . can any one tell me what they have? if you like it or not. also if any one wants to take the time to tell me a little about exhaust and how it works, also what you want out of it. thanks alot - TJ

Well I am not sure what kinds of systems you can get over there.. popular ones amongst VR owners over here seem to be :

Milltek,

Magnex,

Jetex,

Supersprint,

Scorpion.

Dont expect noticable performance gains with a performance exhaust... though I personally found my 16v felt a lot more restricted once I put regular / OE parts on to replace knackered sports parts.

hmm... no real gains at all. this might be a dumb question. what if i get headers also. wont i notice some performance gains there. and if i do will the gain just be from the headers or will the headers help the exhaust out also. thanks - tj

Don't know nothing about headers I am afraid :(

I'm not sure about the VR6 but i have a Techtonics exaust and had a race down pipe and that down pipe made a big deffernce that i noticed but i have yet to drive my car without a performance exaust on it so i couldn't really tell you the differnce b/w stock and aftermarket. What part of the USA are you. If your on the east cost give NGP a call. Scott will be able to tell you everything and get anything for you. :D

yea thanks. i am on the east coast. just today i found a performance shop right by me. i dont know if any of you have noticed yet but i am very new to cars and dont know much. im 16 and only have a permit.

but i am also very interested in my corrado and thats why i joined this forum. - tj

I must say tinsman I'm impressed you have a VR(SLC) your only 16 and dont have a full driving license and you want more power. 8)

I started on a MKI golf with the kind of power you would get from a lawnmower but was a great car.

You would have two hopes of getting insured over here :lol:

Go steady.

haha yea... the insurance is gonna be expensive but... o well. alot people do think its really weird that im this into my car and i dont even have a liscense yet. but as soon as i saw the all i did was read about it. then i realized how big of a following the corrado had. since then ive been bugging my parents to let me mod. my corrado. i dont knwo whats gonna be first, we will see. - tj

1992 vr6 corrado. im pretty sure im getting an exhaust system soon. i dont know a whole lot about it :? . can any one tell me what they have? if you like it or not. also if any one wants to take the time to tell me a little about exhaust and how it works, also what you want out of it. thanks alot - TJ

OK if u go with headers... Make sure all the piping on the header comes out to the same length for best performance.. I know if u do the G60's exhaust right u can gain some HP if u got your car breathing right.. I dont know about the VR6 but in the 8vG60 u need to do some porting for some power or swap to a 2.0l block. If u already got some intake work done and computer chip go with ur exhaust after to see the most performance out of it.