Popeye775

EGR help

Hey guys, so here is my problem: my 1990 Corrado G60 likes to idle funny and occasionally stall when coming to a stop. It doesn't happen often, but it feels as if it begins to idle so low that it shuts off. I figured it was a dirty EGR valve issue, but I can't seem to find the EGR valve. I have hose running to the intake manifold that has two capped off parts to it (the forum isn't allowing me to attach the pictures that I took of it), and was wondering if this is where my EGR valve should be. Any other ideas of what this problem could be as well?

You're confusing EGR with ISV. the ISV does control the idle and if gummed up can cause your problems. On a G60 it is located on top of the engine just behind the rocker cover, easily visible and accessible. A short hose connects it to the inlet manifold and then the other end is connected to your boost return pipe (or if that has been removed, normally vented to atmosphere with a filter on the end, which is also fine).

It may have been removed (the ISV also bleeds boost at a certain pressure, so people remove them to stop this) and normally you need to adjust the idle screw a little to get the engine to run happily again and normally have rough idle when cold.

Much appreciated! It has been running rough since I got it over the summer. I just got around to taking on this issue since it had a lot of other problems that needed to be fixed first.