Orkius

24v Aqua Blue - Sold

Hello All

Time has come to part ways with one of the Corrados, so I can concentrate on the other. Up for sale is this one which some regular forum members may recognise.

This is a 1992 Aqua Blue Pearl VR6 with 24v engine conversion and many extras and other work gone into it. Please check out the original build thread here http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?80155-Corrado-Part-Duex-24V-Aqua-Blue-She-s-gone for all the details. You’ll see the work that has gone in. It’s been a very reliable car and the only things I’ve really had to do is replace both front wheel bearings and hubs, radiator top elbow, and recently the clutch slave cylinder and had a small crack in the sump welded up.

MOT until August 2019

It has the potential to be a great car with a little tlc and attention to the bodywork.

The good bits / Spec

• Corrado 24v with the AUE engine.

• 312mm brakes with Mk4 Brake Servo and Master Cylinder with Teves 20 4 Channel ABS System.

• Bilstein B12 Suspension

• Mk4 Climate control (without aircon)

• 02J Gear Linkage

• 16 Speedline Vento Cup Race Wheels

• Cruise Control

• Double Din Headunit with Sat Nav and 32GB Micro SD Card

• Uprated Headlight Wiring Loom

• Aero Wipers

• Clean cloth interior, this is still in excellent condition, no rips or tears and the bolsters are holding up

• Uprated cooling fan

• New Old Stock Steering Wheel

• Cat 1 Alarm with Certificate

There are a number of bad points for full disclosure

• Bodywork, many dents and lots of lacquer peel in numerous places and cracked paint on plastic surfaces like the bumper. A some of small areas of rust. Hopefully these can be seen in the photos

• Alloy wheels could do with a refurb to make perfect

• Timing chains are making noise, but they have since I bought the car, performance seems ok so was going to tackle this at a clutch change but it has not needed one.

• ABS light comes on. I imagine just a sensor out but I have not been able to determine which one.

• Very slight coolant leak. I have changed the top radiator elbow and seal as this was definitely leaking but it still seems to loose coolant. Needs topping up about once a month or so on daily drive duty or after a very long run.

• Sunroof does not work. Both tilt and slide and on top of this the control switch is also broken.

• Immobiliser has been bypassed as this started playing up and at random times not allowing the car to start. Remote central locking still works though

• Some rattles from the rear interior trim. Typical problem

• A stone chip to one of the headlamps. It has been sealed with clear epoxy which has discoloured

Located near Bournemouth call me to view etc 07730463275

£1500 ono

Thanks for looking

James

photos via below link

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8umj0xhvtcvb81o/AABbemYjftc16CJsTFQcClmBa?dl=0

Edited by Orkius