Popeye775

Shifter Fix

Quick question for you guys,

Have any of you replaced the shifter cables in your Corrado? I need to replace mine and was wondering how difficult it was for anybody that has done it.

Thanks!

It's not too bad, are you planning on taking the cat off? You might be able to get away with just removing the heat shield which will be a bit fiddly but I think doable. It was a while ago I did mine as I upgraded to a mk4 shifter, I think I just split the exhaust and the rest is fairly easy.

My cat is already off, and the way that the shift gait feels to heat up sometimes, I do not think that it has much of a heat shield in general. Mine has a passat shifter on it, and just does not want to shift correctly. I'm unsure if it just needs adjusting or the correct shifter.

Definitely fit the mk4 shifter setup if you can, hell of a difference..

Let me know if you need details as I did this a couple of years ago.

Well the adjustment is at the engine side of the cable. Worth giving that a bit of a tweek first, but yes MK4 shifter does make a big difference. I've gone from standard to short shifter to MK4 and it's loads better than both previous.