Hannibal

Hi from Glasgow !

Just a quick Hi to all. Im new to the forum (obviously) and also new to the Corrado game. I work in a VW Garage(Parts) and have always wanted to get my hands on a Corrado VR6. Thats the dream but might be a bit away yet. I will no doubt be calling on help from yourselves once I get a hold of one.

Keeping my eyes peeled for any bargains :thumbleft:

Thanks

Welcome along mate......Glasgow is a fine place to be, some nice Corrado’s up here as well. I don’t include any of mine in that statement but maybe one day :)

Welcome along mate......Glasgow is a fine place to be, some nice Corrado’s up here as well. I don’t include any of mine in that statement but maybe one day :)

haha.. thanks for the welcome mate.

Hopefully I'll be on the Corrado ladder soon enough

haha.. thanks for the welcome mate.

Hopefully I'll be on the Corrado ladder soon enough

More of a slippery slope than a ladder:lol:

Hello, you'll be spending your wages on parts once you get one. I've had mine 11 year now

Hello, you'll be spending your wages on parts once you get one. I've had mine 11 year now

Haha yea I’ve noticed that already. I work in VW parts dept.. prices for corrado parts are mental. Not that any are still available lol .. Still, will be well worth it !

Hi Hannibal,

Just joined the forum last night, I work in Glasgow but live in Greenock. Just bought a VR6 last month after a 15 year break from Corrado ownership. I've spent a small fortune in the last month, I managed to buy a 3 owner one with 82k and full service history.The only problem when you do this is a lot of original parts are still present and some bits are a bit tired. I've bought bbs split rims, audi TT wiper arms. Serviced it all, plugs, leads, coolant, oil and filter, new engine cover. New thermostat, new water bottle. Replaced sunroof motor, have a set of coilovers to fit aswell. Front wing has ting bit of rust and I've been trying to source a drivers wing but that is no easy task. Don't buy one with rusty wings as they can be fixed at a pricey cost but are near impossible to find rust free lol

Tam

Hi Hannibal,

Just joined the forum last night, I work in Glasgow but live in Greenock. Just bought a VR6 last month after a 15 year break from Corrado ownership. I've spent a small fortune in the last month, I managed to buy a 3 owner one with 82k and full service history.The only problem when you do this is a lot of original parts are still present and some bits are a bit tired. I've bought bbs split rims, audi TT wiper arms. Serviced it all, plugs, leads, coolant, oil and filter, new engine cover. New thermostat, new water bottle. Replaced sunroof motor, have a set of coilovers to fit aswell. Front wing has ting bit of rust and I've been trying to source a drivers wing but that is no easy task. Don't buy one with rusty wings as they can be fixed at a pricey cost but are near impossible to find rust free lol

Tam

Hi Tam, sounds like its gonna look brilliant. Although like you said.. a small fortune. Working in VW parts, I've checked alot of the availability, which is barely anything, but the thing I thought was mad was the price of it all. Wings for £481 !! As much as this all sounds and looks bad, I still can't wait to get in about one. Hopefully I'll luck on on wings haha.

There's a guy who runs a business in England who repairs the wings. His company is called rotbox rusterations. Worst case scenario I'll need to send them away to get him to sort them. £150-£300 plus £200 If you want it painted. When you think about it that's all the rot cut out and replaced and painted for the price of a new wing. Only a couple of passenger side ones left online. Haven't seen any drivers side ones for sale new. Great cars though, few on eBay just now. There's a 300bhp 1.8 20v turbo up for sale. If I hadn't bought the vr6 I would be all over it haha