Keyo

Heater blower

Hi if any other members advice would be grateful

My fan blower is working on setting 1,3 and 4 , 2 there is absolute nothing.

The last owner had the heater matrix done and also a brand new heater motor, also noticed 3 repairs in the last two years on resistor pack, all the rapairs were carried out within two years.

I have changed the heater dials round with no success. Is it possible that they purchased a fan motor with only 3 settings.

What do you guys think will fix setting 2 on the fan control . maybe the contact on the dial ?

Thanks

Edited by Keyo

Maby a faulty resistor or the electric connector on the fancontroller is cracked. Had to change mine when it stopped working on the 3rd speed setting. Someone had broken the plastic. I manage to rebuild a new unit from a seat controller from the same era. It's like lego. :)

That sounds a nightmare not even going to atempt it myself !

Can you get a new resistor pack as they seem to be different the ones on ebay. ?

I went that route first. But it did not help, and I bought the resistor on eBay. It ain't to hard to remove and change the controller. The hard part is to find a controller in good condition with no broken plastic for the wire clips. And it need to match the old one.

Did the resistor pack fit off ebay, thanks.

I take it your Rado VR6 is the late model.

When you say controoler do you mean the handle you pull of or the bit the handle slots on to ?

Edited by Keyo

Did you get this sorted? I got this mixed up. I referred to the round late style controller. As you mentioned 4 fan speeds I thought you had the new style and not the old sliders. But now I learned that there is both 3 and 4 fan speed sliders from VW.

And i meant the whole controller unit, it's possible to rebuild the new one round style at least.

I did sort out the problem it was the late control switches, the contacts just need a bit of tweeking so they touched the contacts on all four settings.

Cheers I just used a cotton ear bud cleaner to lever out the contact half circular strip.