OEMplus_silverslc

AC switch norm/max button illumination?

Greetings from US. I've just replaced many of the OEM incandescent console bulbs with LEDs. They look great. I've always noticed that my AC norm/max button, right above the cigarette lighter, is not illuminted green. After some investigation, it looks like it gets its green illumination from the cigarette lighter via a plastic light conductor. I've got a new LED in the cigarette lighter which is nice and bright and it still does not light up.

Doe anyone here have it lit up? Or does it only light up orange when you turn on the AC? Everything is nice and bright except that AC switch and is bugging me. Lol.

Thanks!

Welcome! Most of us here (in the UK) that have aircon fitted have a slightly different system to yours. The Norm Max buttons have separate illumination and are mounted in the console below the fog lights etc. These illuminate when the headlights are switched on and become brighter when the aircon is switched on.

There is a bulb on-board the [factory] a/c switch which provides a back light and is on with the ignition.

When the switches are pressed in, the light from the bulb travels along the body of the plastic button and it appears illuminated.

I thought I had a photo to illustrate, but I can't find one...

Getting the a/c switch unclipped from the heater control assembly is more fiddley.