Matt_wirral

Oil leak on 1.8 16v

Hi all some advise my corrado has an oil leak not too sure where from yet but I plan to change the rocker and sump gaskets with a service this weekend also the oil pressure switches as it looks like they are leaking a bit. Is there any other common places to get oil leaks from.. thanks

All you can do is look mate, clean up the block if necessary then leave it a day to see where the oil reappears. Trying to guess without looking at it basically puts you in ‘pull the motor and rebuild replacing all seals’ territory because engines can leak from anywhere and everywhere :p

The oil pressure switch is leaking, iv cleaned all around and let it run for a bit it’s leaking from behind the plate that sits between the engine and the gear box, so it might be the sump gasket

there is the crank shaft oil seal that sits between engine and gearbox - the clutch and flywheel have to come off to fix

oil leaks can come from a number points and it surprises you where the oil shows itself

i find a common point is sensors especially cars of this age

Ah might be that then by the sounds of it, if it’s leaking from by there, I’ll remove the metal cover and have a look, think that’s the only way I’ll be able to see in it.