geordiedoors

1.8 16v fuel pipe accumulator to fuel filter

After rebuilding a spare swirl pot with all new parts. I'm at a loss on where to acquire the pipe that goes from accumulator to fuel filter, it's not available to buy anywhere, I went into pirtek today hoping they could remake the pipe from the old one I hacksawed of the old accumulator, but was told they don't do the fitting that attaches to accumulator with the ball shaped end and also the pipe they use is thinner restricting fuel flow maybe. So as of now I'm back to the drawing board. Has anyone ever solved this problem in the past and could give me some advice. Thanks

I did see a reply on here earlier but got the usual forum lockout before I could reply. Never a good idea to clear your browser history and expect to get back in to the forum.

Geaorge Hel Fuel lines will be able to make you a stainless steel one up and also will supply you with banjo bolts and washers. Think they charge about £50.00 includes postage a line and you'll have to send your old one to be custom made. Might well be worth asking them to record the manufacture to help other folks out so they don't have to send there old line in - If you have butchered the old line taking it off you will have to do a diagram of how it looked or send in your whole refurbished fuel pot with pump etc.

I have used these guys they are the Bees Knees.

https://www.helperformance.com/

Or you could even do a group buy to bring costs down.

Edited by Keyo

Thanks for that, I only butchered the fitting the pipe is whole, I had the pipe in a pot of boiling water and removed both ends from it, actually ordered new fittings that I found on Internet that I hope are correct. But I'm going to check out your link right now.

No worries George can replicate any fuel line, they custom made my Injector rails on my Mk2 Golf 16V which are a lot more complex so they will 100 % be able to do it for you. Really a ton of these need making at least to feed the market. You'll have to bell them up on Monday and have chat with them if you decide to use them, very helpful staff there. I would be careful making your own up unless you have a facility to pressure test as the last thing you want is squirting fluid on a hot exhaust, Of course Hel carry out this procedure to any lines they custom make.

Edited by Keyo

I had this problem with my 16v. Ended up buying one of the below from US ebay,

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VW-Mk2-Golf-Jetta-Gti-Gli-8v-16V-Fuel-Accumulator-Hose/272275494765?epid=1473862463&hash=item3f64e2576d:g:62gAAOxy79JRg5R8

Was a little pricey but probably cheaper than having them fabricated. I also bought the fuel pump to accumulator line from them at the same time too and was able to negotiate a decent combined price.

Edited by Thom