r0adrun3r

00793 Brake Pedal Position Sensor G100

I have bled my vr6 and the brakes are still not the best but dont seem to be getting any air coming out when bleeding. Abs light comes on once i accelerator but goes away if i turn off the ignition on and off. Does anyone know how i can test my sensor or at least find out whats going on ? I brought this car recently so i dont know what the previous owners have done.

The trick is to open up the sensor and reflow the dry soldered joints and glue it back together again

Ive read this in another thread but i need some info on what resistance im looking for from the sensor?

No one will know

Its a safety device to prevent the pedal going to the floor during heavy braking from high speed - ABS works by releasing pressure (fluid) from the corner that is locked returning tiny amounts of fluid back to the reservoir. It will be a variable resistance dependant upon how low the pedal is.

Surely someone knows the variable resistance for these sensor? How are people reflowing these if they don't have the values to test them after ?

Yup thats what I did. My multimeter showed varying resistence as the plunger was pushed back and forth (0 to 1).