Popeye775

Have an interesting idle issue

Hey all. I posted this to the Vortex as well, but my Corrado G60 is having an interesting idle sputter I guess you could say. When the car is at idle, it is perfectly fine. But, when I am driving the car and then put my foot into the clutch to come to a stop or downshift, the idle drops. It usually idles around 950-1000, but when I am driving and put my foot in the clutch it drops to around 500 and then brings itself back up. I have checked the fuel pressure when releasing acceleration - it is fine, no drops in fuel pressure - , I have checked the spark plugs, I have tried to test the throttle sensor, and checked the throttle cable as well. All of this seems ok. I am smoke testing the car next week though to see if there are any vacuum leaks. It does also feel a little under powered compared to normal. Does anybody have any other suggestions as to what this could be?

Have you checked the throttle body damper? Not sure if the G60 suffers with the same issue but it's common on the VR for the damper to have broken down so not act as a buffer when coming off the gas. That causes idle to drop right down and potentially cut out too.

Have you checked the throttle body damper? Not sure if the G60 suffers with the same issue but it's common on the VR for the damper to have broken down so not act as a buffer when coming off the gas. That causes idle to drop right down and potentially cut out too.

Are you referring to the air screw? If so then I’ve heard the rubber gasket can go bad in there but I’m not sure if that would be causing this. I will check though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, where the cable connects to the throttle body and opens/closes the butterfly, there is a damper at the back that stops it snapping shut when the spring closes it. Looks like an umbrella type thing. It's just a little soft close valve like you get on a kitchen drawer if you get my meaning. This often breaks down and doesn't softly close the throttle, so you get symptoms you're describing

No, where the cable connects to the throttle body and opens/closes the butterfly, there is a damper at the back that stops it snapping shut when the spring closes it. Looks like an umbrella type thing. It's just a little soft close valve like you get on a kitchen drawer if you get my meaning. This often breaks down and doesn't softly close the throttle, so you get symptoms you're describing

Gotcha. I will take a look today sir!

Just now, Popeye775 said:

Gotcha. I will take a look today sir!

This is from a VR6 but should be the same/similar on a G60 I'd imagine

IMG_20200510_163815.jpg

This is from a VR6 but should be the same/similar on a G60 I'd imagine
IMG_20200510_163815.thumb.jpg.2a345f896446da579d0f8a31c7474147.jpg

Here’s the G60 throttle body. Where should I look? Would it be more underneath? 8f88b2a62dee52efa9cda18e210ba315.jpg
d2fc7e5264306b3cc55bccaa096bb24b.jpg