Sign in to follow this  
G60

crossflow head on PG block

so i've been thinking i'd work towards a 16vG60 conversion, but this just seems so much more easily attainable.. and i know lowG is with me on this one!!

get an obd1 crossflow head off of a 92-95 golf/jetta 2L (north america only?), stack 2 gaskets and stick it on the PG block. 30# injectors, cam, chip.. and of course the fun bit.. making the intake manifold. hoping 240-250hp with 3.5bar fpr, sns chip, 65mm pulley on ported charger w/ outlet.. and a really short intake system=quick boost.

head porting is key, obviously, and with a whole lot more work and money put in this setup could give 280-300hp.. which really is enough for me. for now.

anyone tried this, or have any info, pics or specs?

here's a link:

http://www.momentumtuning.com/projectca ... owG60.html

it seems a lot more reasonable to me than a 16vG60 conversion.

you doing that on a 16v head or crossflow?? Crossflow has nice flowing rate, better than g60 head so with little porting and right cam i think about 50-60 extra hp can be achieved and with a nice manifold that dosent heat up like the g60 manifold heats up due to being above the exhaust manifold you could be pushing serious power. :D

haha, yessir! thats happening v soon! ..i need to give dave at kk a call.

this is a 'find parts over the summer when the weather is nice.. tinker with it when the snow flies' kind of project. i'm hoping to do the crossflow over this coming winter.. unless something else gets my interest in the meantime! ..i was hardcore about a 16vG60 up until a couple days ago! :lol:

i'm happy with the power.. its that extra little oomph i'm lookin for. :twisted:

g60 have you looked for the head then?? U better start looking man :D ,i want one.

I'm going to be building a 16v G60 soon using the complete 16v kr lump with uprated bottom end and lower comp pistons etc. Just not sure whether to put it in the Rallye or get a MK1?!?

We've mapped a host of 16v conversions with the G-lader and with turbo set ups on a bunch of different injector sizes, its a shame all G60's weren't 16v cross flow to begin with :(

there is an issue here because depending on the manifold type you might not be able to fit the alternator in its original position. im still thinking about it.

thats why i said.. "and of course the fun bit.. making the intake manifold". make it to fit..or... you can move the alternator. i'm going to try to make the manifold to fit.

thinkin 16v manifold (whats the largest port diameter one you can get 50mm?) hacked with straight pipes welded on. compact, not too much extra wasted airspace, and it'd be the shortest path possible.. that i can think of. quick boost! :D