g0ldf1ng3r

Corrado 1.8 16v, Kamei X1 body kit, BBS RX2 split rims

VW Corrado 1.8 16v

G reg 1990

183,800 miles – will rise slightly as regularly used

MOT until November 2021

Originally brought & owned March 2000 to June 2007, mileage was approximately 90,000

Brought for 2nd time April 2014 on 172,777 miles

Specification:

1.8 16v

Kamei X1 side skirts, door inserts, rear skirt – this body kit is extremely rare & approximate value of £1000 to £1500!! (I have been driving Corrado’s for 20 years and only ever seen a handful including this one & the one on my VR6)

BBS RX2 wheels – 2 piece split rims which were stripped, refurb’d & rebuilt in 2015.

Powerflow stainless steel exhaust – which I had fitted during the 1st ownership period.

New OE steering wheel in 2015

Uprated headlight loom & Ring Xenon ultimate bulbs.

No cracks in headlight glass, fog glass or indicators.

Active rear spoiler works both at speed & on button.

Sunroof tilts but struggles to slide.

Original paint.

Lupo wipers

Original history was complete when I originally purchased the car but had been lost when I brought it for the second time – as such I have history from 2014 onwards.

History details from 2014:

2015 – 173,408 miles – Aux drive belt, CV boots, wishbone assembly, indicator switch, fuel pump relay, new steering rack & gaitors, N/S & O/S tie rods, balls joints, hand brake cable, rear brake hoses, both front calipers, discs & pads all round, new battery.

2016 – 176,306 miles – spark plugs, air filter, oil filter, oil change, flush & renew coolant, distributor, ignition leads.

2017 – 181,138 – NSF track rod end boot, new heater matrix, heater box relined so hot & cold air function properly, oil pressure switch (low).

2020 – 183,146 - spark plugs, oil cooler, oil filter, oil change, front discs & pads, heater blower motor

Bad points – dent on O/S front wing, paint is 30 years old & original so scrubs up well but needs attention. /

EDIT drivers window works but is dodgy. Drivers wing mirror works but passenger does not work.

More pictures available on request

Location - Redditch, west mids

£3250 or offers

PRICE DROP to £2250 with fresh MOT

20201101_131746.jpg

20201101_151650.jpg

20201101_151813.jpg

20201101_151952.jpg

20201101_152118.jpg

20201101_152131.jpg

20201101_152141.jpg

20201103_134017.jpg

20201103_153005.jpg

20201103_153013.jpg

20201103_153024.jpg

20201103_153031.jpg

20201103_153045.jpg

13 minutes ago, g0ldf1ng3r said:

now provisionally sold 🙂

Worth it for the Kamie very nice. 

15 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Worth it for the Kamie very nice. 

you would think so but 2 weeks on ebay & only 1 offer

had to drop the price more than i wanted but it is time to part with it & hopefully it will be gone on thurs

my VR6 is the investment & ive not the money nor the inclination to restore the 16v unfortunately

on a good note, its replacement arrived on saturday 😄

Ohh what have you replaced it with? Good you sold it though so you can move on.

I feel like consolidating some of my cars next year. Scratch some itches before we're electrified in 2030 😄

16 minutes ago, MJA said:

Ohh what have you replaced it with? Good you sold it though so you can move on.

I feel like consolidating some of my cars next year. Scratch some itches before we're electrified in 2030 😄

yeah i will be sad to part with it but then the VR6 is almost done & now has one of the features i loved about the 16v - the Kamei X1 kit 🙂

it has been replaced by a 2004 R53 mini cooper S - which i got a bargain on!! 82K, fully loaded with xenon headlights, heated full leather interior, sat nav, air con etc & factory option chilli kit which is bumpers & skirts.  plus it has been breathed on with uprated intercooler, 17% pulley, ram air induction & stage 2 remap - think it has more horses than the VR6 lol

i will be changing the 17's on it though for some 15" * 7J Zender Star's which i recently picked up for a very good price

1 hour ago, g0ldf1ng3r said:

you would think so but 2 weeks on ebay & only 1 offer

had to drop the price more than i wanted but it is time to part with it & hopefully it will be gone on thurs

my VR6 is the investment & ive not the money nor the inclination to restore the 16v unfortunately

on a good note, its replacement arrived on saturday 😄

Sure if you own a 16V and a vr6 as classic weekend cars your not going to pick up the keys of the Valver often which will be crap for the car - might as well own another type of classic if your going to own two weekend cars. 

oh poop - the poor guy has just been laid off work & has had to pull out 😞

ho hum!!

back on sale & price drop to £2500

6 minutes ago, g0ldf1ng3r said:

oh poop - the poor guy has just been laid off work & has had to pull out 😞

ho hum!!

back on sale & price drop to £2500

Have you got the front Kamei bumper(splitter) chap cant see it on the pictures ?

Cheers/ 

Edited by Keyo

9 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Have you got the front Kamei bumper(splitter) chap cant see it on the pictures ?

Cheers/ 

no sadly the front kamei splitter is missing on the 16v

in the 7 years i was parted from it someone obviously didnt know what they actually had & removed it 😞

ooh nice Mini Cooper S. My brother had a R53 and the R56 version, R53 being my fav. Sorry to hear the sale dropped through but hopefully someone else will be back to buy soon. 

Keyo is right as much as love them all I think I'd like to have a mk5 R32 (manual & 5 door) - something more modern I can use year round but isn't turbo'd or 4 cylinder. I'll shfit on the mk4 golf and a corrado but will keep the mk2 and a corrado.   The current fleet require too much of my time to keep sweet - drawning in bodywork and little jobs all the time. I'll probably change my mind!

26 minutes ago, MJA said:

ooh nice Mini Cooper S. My brother had a R53 and the R56 version, R53 being my fav. Sorry to hear the sale dropped through but hopefully someone else will be back to buy soon. 

Keyo is right as much as love them all I think I'd like to have a mk5 R32 (manual & 5 door) - something more modern I can use year round but isn't turbo'd or 4 cylinder. I'll shfit on the mk4 golf and a corrado but will keep the mk2 and a corrado.   The current fleet require too much of my time to keep sweet - drawning in bodywork and little jobs all the time. I'll probably change my mind!

thanks - im looking forward to having some fun in the R53 & also a newer motor with all the tricks - the SC with miltek stainless sounds awesome!!

yeah shame about the sale but feel sorry for the guy getting laid off a month before christmas

i think i will try the 16v one last time on ebay but on auction with a reserve rather than a buy it now with offers

relisted on ebay but as an auction this time

it is having a fresh MOT put on it this week

if any members on here wants it i will take £2250