Ostkakan

VR6 Oilpump

Hello Corrado dudes! 🙂

This year im going to change the oilpan cuz it leaks and have some scratchs on it.

I thinking while im going to remove the oilpan, should i replace the oilpump aswell? I replaced the chain for 1,5 year ago before that i saw some metallic parts in the oil.

I asked the dealer they gave me price for new pump 440euro, i found febi bilstein pump on ARZ for more then less the price.

Anyone have some feedback on febi pump?

Greetings Michel

Febi should be fine - their parts are usually good quality and they were an OE supplier.

No harm changing the pump if you are going to replace the sump. it's handy enough to do. Watch out that you get the correct sump gasket and fixings.

You will always end up finding a few small metal shavings in the sump, or on the plug if it is magnetic - bigger bits could be part of the old chain guides.

22 hours ago, fendervg said:

Febi should be fine - their parts are usually good quality and they were an OE supplier.

No harm changing the pump if you are going to replace the sump. it's handy enough to do. Watch out that you get the correct sump gasket and fixings.

You will always end up finding a few small metal shavings in the sump, or on the plug if it is magnetic - bigger bits could be part of the old chain guides.

Yeah, thats one reason also i change the sump cuz of bits for old chain guides. I will check out the febi pump.

Thanks