Czu

Corrado VR6 interior colors

Do you have the service book? There should be an options sticker there as well, and maybe inside the door pillar as well. If there isn't one in the boot, chances are it has been resprayed or repaired at some point. VW can verify with a factory "birth certificate" what options came originally, but it is not cheap, I think about 100 euro or so. If you have a friendly dealer they may be able to help.

If the car has grey leather, the surround part of the dashboard and the centre console and pillar trims should also be grey - but many of these cars have had leather seats swapped in from a different one.

It's possible to get the vehicle pr numbers from the Vin. A vw dealer should be able to provide you with the info.

I cant see platinum on the options list - here's a pic with the codes too9830408af8c61a17fd954f7932707931.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I think "platinum" was just one of the fancy names they gave the grey plastic trim - it was never an official equipment level, or anything like that.

Options sticker from my car, which is pearl grey metallic (LA7U) with grey heated leather and grey interior. c0623dc24517fc6c5e0cbc27cb5ade8b.jpg

045ea4e35ab81d74deffff3cb43bc852.jpg

And the certs - so interior is listed as "PLATIN" and the code for that appears to be "TR" - although the trim part numbers have a different suffix to indicate the colour.

Ahh learn something new. I've got black leather in my white one (but it was cloth factory) and the same black cloth in my 16v 

So I guess whatever is on the far right of the line with the paint code on the sticker is the “interior code”. Would be interesting to compare with a few others on here to confirm the variations.....

On 4/9/2021 at 3:18 PM, fendervg said:

Do you have the service book? There should be an options sticker there as well, and maybe inside the door pillar as well. If there isn't one in the boot, chances are it has been resprayed or repaired at some point. VW can verify with a factory "birth certificate" what options came originally, but it is not cheap, I think about 100 euro or so. If you have a friendly dealer they may be able to help.

If the car has grey leather, the surround part of the dashboard and the centre console and pillar trims should also be grey - but many of these cars have had leather seats swapped in from a different one.

The car was resprayed so no original sticker. But I will check the service book.

On 4/9/2021 at 3:55 PM, MJA said:

I cant see platinum on the options list - here's a pic with the codes too9830408af8c61a17fd954f7932707931.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Thanks a lot! That's super useful. It would be nice to have a guide with this photo so in the future others can find it easly.

Mine had been changed to grey leather by the previous owner (with the wrong early type door cards). I’ve since switched to late leather door cards. Will have to check out the sticker to see what the original was (I suspect black cloth).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro