Sign in to follow this  
Bolster

What is is, what does it do and how much is a new one?

VR6

would probably be easier to post a pic but I don't have a camera handy.

running between the air intake (big pipe after the airbox) and the top of the engine is a smaller tube (inch and a half?) with a sensor and a housing that contains a diaphram or valve type thingy (technical term). The housing is connected to the top of the engine by a rubber pipe that is part of the housing. This rubber pipe is split and has come away from the housing. What is the housing called? What does it do? How much is a new one?

The car doesn't seem to run much differently even though I can hear air getting in or coming out.

Also the sensor that goes into this pipe doesn't appear to have any metal contacts on the connector on the pipe (?????).

Hope someone has a bit of a clue what I mean :roll:

cheers

Thanks Joe M - exactly what I was looking for - and a saving of over £40 by going to a ford dealership. 8)

I wonder if there are many other bits that are the same? (and a third of the price). Does the Galaxy VR6 use as many sensors for engine management? or is it just the mechanicals I wonder.

Sensors are probably the same, but the main saving here is being able to buy sub-components of something that VW only sell as a single piece. Most of the sensors and stuff are not much cheaper at Ford, from what I hear.