captainredeye

Door handle micro switch

Has any one ever replaced or fitted a micro switch to a door handle? Not seen any info from multiple google searches.

My handles don’t have them, the central locking was activated  using the alarm fob which has now been disconnected and I’m now trying to rewire so that the locking works off the key.

on a couple of occasions the car has locked turning the key but I’m assuming this is from a pressure change on the locking pump.

I'm sure the micro-switches and harness are connected "inside" the handle mechanism.

I've not meddled with the handles other than to replace the lock tumblers to match the key...

Is the wiring still in the door - up to the three-way connector? One of the wires is permanent 12v and dabbing one or the other wire locks/unlocks the doors.

If that works on both doors, it may be worth investing in C/L door handles?

They are embedded into the door handle metal and break very easily - it would be easier just to fit a set of handles with the micro-switches in them, as I don;t think you would get them out without damaging them.

I thought these switches were only for activating total closure for the electric windows and sunroof when the key is turned, and then only on later cars? The central locking will work just on lock position as it uses an actuating rod, so once the battery is connected, both sides and the boot should open or close on the turn of a key. Issues with that could be loss vacuum, or faulty broken wiring.

Could be wrong on this though and glad to be corrected - it's been a while since I've had that part of the car apart.

It seemed like the switch is sealed in at the factory, one is for sale on eBay so got me thinking that they could be replaced.

I have all the wiring in the door but no current, I’m thinking I’m going to have to do some more investigative work with the wiring as the alarm wasn’t reconnected  to the locking again for full closure.