ABV-VR6

Crankshaft pulley

So I'm wondering what do you guys uses for crank pulley since they're NLA? About to prep my block and this is the only thing I can't find. I don't want to use billet, oem one would be nice but... What's my options if there's any? 

Thanks!! 

This is not based on experience with VR6s. Mine comes from living with generations of Saab engines. If you havent - drastically - increased the rev limit to - say 8000 rpm, or added a supercharger or turbo to boost beyond 1.6 BAR, as long as your rebuild - if you've done one - finely balanced the moving mass of crank, rods and pistons, the basic pulley should be fine.

Was there a reason for not refitting the original pully back into place? Did it get destroyed because the nut wouldn't budge? 

There seem to be a few second hand pulleys on the market - here's one.Corrado 2.9 VR6 Genuine VW Crankshaft Pulley | eBay I cannot see the of a lightened pulley to a road engine. Mk3s seem to have a lighter pulley. Perhaps one of the R32 chappies could chime in here- it seems to me that the R32 pulley fits straight on - looking at the parts spec on paper.  Second hand it seems to cost around £60, or £350 ish new.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Bruno for that valuable information. No, I'm not going turbo and just want to put the engine back in order before it goes back in the car. My line of thoughts was maybe it wasn't a good idea to reuse it but that was me assuming without knowledge. Looking at the rubber part, there's 3 fine little cracks in it but that's it. Since there's nothing else, I'll reuse this one and call it a day. 

Thanks for your time! 

IMG_20210530_112337535.jpg