Kempy

16v engine service/refresh

Also, the fuel accumalator on the underside I've seen on vw heritage and it's super expensive. Is this something that can cause issues? 

1 hour ago, Kempy said:

I think my pumps are ok. Anyone know if it's easier to siphon the old fuel out through the boot with the lift pump taken out?

siphon is simple m8 from the filler cap, literally shove a hose pipe down there & suck

8 minutes ago, g0ldf1ng3r said:

siphon is simple m8 from the filler cap, literally shove a hose pipe down there & suck

Fair enough. I did but a siphon so I hope that is ok. I don't fancy sucking 🤮🤣

40 minutes ago, Kempy said:

Fair enough. I did but a siphon so I hope that is ok. I don't fancy sucking 🤮🤣

just go gentle m8

i managed to do mine without getting fuel in my mouth lol

You could bridge your fuel pump relay (167 or 67) or swap relay 109 into it's slot to constantly run your fuel pump on ignition. I have a relay 100 as a spare as it does the same thing - bridges the contacts so the pump runs constantly.

Connect a fuel hose to your lift pump exit and drain the tank. Disconnect your underbody one so it doesn't run dry.

On 9/3/2021 at 10:59 AM, _Matt_ said:

You could bridge your fuel pump relay (167 or 67) or swap relay 109 into it's slot to constantly run your fuel pump on ignition. I have a relay 100 as a spare as it does the same thing - bridges the contacts so the pump runs constantly.

Connect a fuel hose to your lift pump exit and drain the tank. Disconnect your underbody one so it doesn't run dry.

I’m going to try again with the car. I tried to start the car. Battery seems ok, pump doesn’t prime. Never ending my problems 😩

I’ve swapped out my 18 for 67. This doesn’t seem to make and difference. My 67 clicks as I switch ignition on, does that suggest it’s ok or not? I have ripped out a lot of “Dragon” security kit maybe this is has affected the ignition/immobiliser.

How do my relays look? All in order?

IMG_3862.jpeg