DetFahrt

Does the G60 intercooler duct fit a VR6?

As the title states I would like to know if a G60 SMIC duct will bolt in to a VR6 bumper?

I eventually want to turbocharge my VR6 but I don’t like all the FMIC options.  I want a stealth install so the car looks basically OEM under the hood.  If the G60 scoop fits I can 3D scan it and make a mirrored side so I can run dual SMIC.

I haven't had a G60 for a very long time, it was a post-facelift one. Owned it alongside the VR6 before it got rear-ended.

Seem to remember that the duct fed down into the plastic tray (at the bottom of the wing, behind the bumper, forward of the wishbones). Problem with these trays is that they get trashed very easily by sleeping policemen. The trays on the VR6 are similar, and if you look closely there is a template marked on them to enable the hole to be cut, to enable the intake head to be fitted to the tray. From there backwards, I presume you'd fit a hose and somehow route it behind the wheel arch moulding.

I could be wrong, but I also seem to remember that the later type of intake head pointed down, producing a ground facing opening behind the bumper. It didnt go to the fog light entrance, as it did on early G60s. However memory is hazy on that. 

It is a good idea. I have an aircon condensor in my slam panel, so no place for an IC. Please keep us notified. 

Yeah, those trays are rarely ever seen on a car any more as they will all have fallen victim to kerbs and speed ramps and multi storeys. I have a set for the VR I bought a few years back but haven't got around to fitting them yet - would make absolutely no sense with a 90mm splitter, maybe with a 70 or 50mm, as the front lip of the tray/air guide sits at the same height as the edge of the splitter.