Sign in to follow this  
MK1G60R1

Driveshafts

Im having problems trying to get the end CV Spline/end cup into my O2A Box. It just wont lock in no matter what!!! Is there something i should be doing to force it in?

Cheers

Having just put mine back in I don't recall having to "lock" it in. Just rotated it until the bolt holes lined up and then screwed the bolts in.

Bentley manual says to replace gasket but I haven't bothered as they will come back off again soon

Im having problems trying to get the end CV Spline/end cup into my O2A Box. It just wont lock in no matter what!!! Is there something i should be doing to force it in?

Cheers

Are you talking about the drive flange, the bit that come out of the box and your inner CV joint bolts to? If so there is supposed to be a small metal circlip in the end of the flange, it sits in a wee ridge and when you put the flange back in(with a rubber mallet) the circlip locates into the groove inside the boxe and sticks solid

Yeah thats it! I just cant get it in far enough!!! Doesnt help that theres not much room to swing a mallet at it!!!!

:?:

Yeah thats it! I just cant get it in far enough!!! Doesnt help that theres not much room to swing a mallet at it!!!!

:?:

No true there isnt a lot of romm but that how i did it, i used a drift as well, seemed to help a bit :p