KarlosG60

G60 No spark, but after ground hall sender I get it momentanely, then disappears again.

Some more pictures. Blue sensor water temp. Also I did Throttle connector (no pictures).

image.png.42f796c5824cedfab16cfde75ca59d4d.png  image.png.15fd52996ae9d29463d49a3069d1610a.png  image.png.27bcbc8197d0c3af9832ad979338548c.png

image.png.2e62284511690344dd5779e1fc413057.png   image.png.5ca207ba53f8737884f06cbe5ad7e96d.png  image.png.f62ef588e94659f8242aae70e2cb5f63.png

Done:

image.png.8f6ed564a8b2f26b6024f6389a5cbe46.png

The working cave place:

image.thumb.png.5b2a9bde7ab44bbcb135a08471441b2e.png

Next step will be check V at hall connector. If it's fixed I will then do a bit more wires and connectors (ISV, injectors, gauge water temp...),  tidy and protect everything and go to next step, that will be to pull down oil sump, because I think something drop inside the other day. 🤦‍♂️

Even it's fixed or not I think I will replace hall sender, now it is outside the engine.

WIRES & CONNECTORS. FIXING AND REPAIR
Circuit component Original Wire color Original Section New wire color New wire section ECU Pin Bentley Connectivity and resistance are ok Empalme + cable nuevo
completado
Resistance
value
Status Date Notes
Ignition Coil G 1.5         FALSE TRUE   Y    
Ignition Coil BK 1.5         FALSE TRUE   Y    
CO2 sensor connector BL/W 0.5         TRUE TRUE   Y 29/10/2023  
CO2 sensor connector BL 0.5         TRUE TRUE   Y 29/10/2023  
CO2 sensor connector BR/W 0.5         TRUE TRUE   Y 29/10/2023  
Throttle connector R/BL 0.5 R/W 1 11   FALSE TRUE   Y    
Throttle connector BL/BK 0.5 W/BK 1 15   FALSE TRUE   Y    
Throttle connector BR/W 0.5 no changed 1 6   FALSE TRUE   Y 2/11/2023 Ground 94, In Digifant wiring harness
Ground 94 to Co2 BR/W 0.5     6   FALSE TRUE   Y 2/11/2023 In Digifant wiring harness
Ground 94 to Throttle BR/W 0.5     6   FALSE TRUE   Y 2/11/2023 In Digifant wiring harness
Ground 94 to Hall Sender BR/W 0.5     6   FALSE FALSE   Y 2/11/2023 In Digifant wiring harness
Ground 94 to Water Temp. Sensor BR/W 0.5     6   FALSE TRUE   Y 2/11/2023 In Digifant wiring harness
Hall Sensor connector G/W 0.5     18   FALSE TRUE   Y 29/10/2023  
Hall Sensor connector R/BK 0.5     8   FALSE TRUE   Y 29/10/2023  
Hall Sensor connector BR/W 0.5     Ground 94   FALSE TRUE   Y 29/10/2023 94 ground
Engine water temp. sensor BR/G 0.5     10   FALSE TRUE   Y 2/11/2023  
Engine water temp. sensor BR/W 0.5     Ground 94   FALSE TRUE   Y 2/11/2023  
Z1. Injectors R/Y 1.5         FALSE FALSE       Already fixed. But can be enhanced.
Signal radiator Fan near ISV             FALSE FALSE   WIP    
ISV W 0.5         FALSE FALSE        
ISV BK/Y 0.5         FALSE FALSE        

UPDATE

Hi everyone.

After two weekend I return to real important things: my Corrado.

Previous day got pending to install charged battery and check voltage at hall sender.

So this is what I did today and voilà! I got 11.20V at Hall Sender connector! 💪

I checked spark, turning distributor by hand: all good. So I tried to run the engine and it run up easy but very bad idle. Need to adjust ignition timing and CO2.

So, I think I can say this issue is (finally) closed.

Good job 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 hopefully this solves your issue. Keep us updated when you do timing and adjust the CO pot on how it is running

• Thanks 1

Hi,

Just did the timing. I don't know if it's perfect, but the engine can run up, the "only" issue now It's I think injector #3 is dead or stuck, because spark plug #3 every time I run up engine and dismount them, it's completely dry and clean. So next I'm gonna need to do is dismount the injectors and send them to repair and clean.

I will open new thread about this if I need some hints.

Thanks you guys for your help in fixing my car wiring.

1701687598227.thumb.jpg.34e518954cba573e64691dcf5e46114b.jpg1701687598221.thumb.jpg.d1d120eec974fca7b81395b15b0e68f9.jpg

What spark plugs are you running? Are they OEM heat spec? 

To me, the plugs look a bit fouled - 1, 2, and 4 - as if they are carbon fouled or if your air:fuel mixture is too rich. Somebody please correct me if I am wrong on this though. 

Also, please remind me, do you have a Bentley manual or a version of it either PDF or printed?

Edited by Popeye775

10 hours ago, Popeye775 said:

What spark plugs are you running? Are they OEM heat spec? 

To me, the plugs look a bit fouled - 1, 2, and 4 - as if they are carbon fouled or if your air:fuel mixture is too rich. Somebody please correct me if I am wrong on this though. 

Also, please remind me, do you have a Bentley manual or a version of it either PDF or printed?

They are OEM, Beru. But +10 years old. They don't have too much mileage (I'm sure < 3000kms), but they are old and a lot of cold start-ups + fuel supply issues + ignition issues.

The mixture I'm sure is not good, because before I found wiring issues, I manipulated CoPot and so... I will set to 500ohms.

Yes, I have Bentley. 

But before replace spark plugs I think I'll check/listen with stethoscop/clean the injectors. Also I will check if exists spark on every spark plug. 

Edited by KarlosG60

Be sure to follow the Bentley when setting the CoPot and things of that nature. Only reason I say this is because, I had played with my CoPot at one point (set it to 500ohm because it was in the thousands for whatever reason. I am almost positive one of the previous owners set it that high but I am unsure) and mine did not run very well. My AFR was way off. So just be sure to follow the Bentley when it comes to setting that mixture up. If you don't have one, I recommend getting an AFR gauge as this will make it easier to set the CoPot when adjusting everything. If you need help with it at all, feel free to PM me here or on the Vortex as well (same username on there).

• Like 1

Thank you @Popeye775

I will open a thread on Vortex, to talk about bad fuel mixing. I know this a so talked topic about, but not always they are good.

Thanks for the advice for AFR gauge, I will definetely take a look. 

Anytime. It can be tough to really dial in that CoPot without use of an AFR gauge. At least, from my experience it is because you don't know how your fuel mixture is while you are trying to set it. I have a wideband gauge mounted in mine that I used to fine tune mine. 

Before I open the thread there (no time now), this is what it need to be replaced on every injector?

https://www.volkswagen-classic-parts.com/catalog/en_global/search?q=030 198 031

This item x4 times? 40 euros on that? There is another option? I saw Topran one, but this brand is not reliable I think... And we talking about fuel is an important system of the car. Cannot mount poor materials.

On 12/4/2023 at 11:01 AM, KarlosG60 said:

Hi,

Just did the timing. I don't know if it's perfect, but the engine can run up, the "only" issue now It's I think injector #3 is dead or stuck, because spark plug #3 every time I run up engine and dismount them, it's completely dry and clean. So next I'm gonna need to do is dismount the injectors and send them to repair and clean.

I will open new thread about this if I need some hints.

Thanks you guys for your help in fixing my car wiring.

1701687598227.thumb.jpg.34e518954cba573e64691dcf5e46114b.jpg1701687598221.thumb.jpg.d1d120eec974fca7b81395b15b0e68f9.jpg

Plug 3 is clean, is the piston top clean too?

1 hour ago, Dox said:

Plug 3 is clean, is the piston top clean too?

No. All four are dirty, but if i'm not wrong, piston head are black, so I can't assure you 100%. BUt looking at how spark plugs came out every time, it's very possible they are.

I have pending to buy a mobile endoscope accesory to look inside the cylinder.

71VSv2ZfRjL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

11 hours ago, KarlosG60 said:

Before I open the thread there (no time now), this is what it need to be replaced on every injector?

https://www.volkswagen-classic-parts.com/catalog/en_global/search?q=030 198 031

This item x4 times? 40 euros on that? There is another option? I saw Topran one, but this brand is not reliable I think... And we talking about fuel is an important system of the car. Cannot mount poor materials.

When I did mine, I did not rebuild. I bought rebuilt injectors instead because I did not have means of testing the injectors once they were rebuilt. It was easier for me to buy certified/tested rebuilt injectors than it was to get a rebuild kit and take to a shop to have flow tested. Your injectors may be ok, but could be that the CoPot is tuned too rich. It is never a bad idea to freshen up the injectors, but I would test fuel pressure/fuel pressure drop to see if the injectors are leaking or needing to be replaced. Make sure the fuel pressure is good and then shut the car off and keep the pressure tester connected. Bentley should outline how long to keep it connected for and how much of a fuel pressure drop there should be. This will help to show you if your injectors are leaking

Posted (edited)

Hi,
Today I cleaned injectors one by one using syringue as a fuel ramp, and a lot of PTFE to keep the pressure inside.

I saw how the spray on every injector became from 3-4 streams to a visible an audible spray. So, for me are cleaned and ok, but didn't check for leakings. Maybe in the future. First I want to know if the car will run well.

My doubt now it's about the seals replacements. My injectors reference are: 0280150905 and this is the reference ETKA says: 030 198 031

VWClassic has stock, but I don't know where the gray seal and one of black seals are fitted:

Gasket set

My injector:

photo_2024-04-07_19-36-09.thumb.jpg.e21a0acccb225db0e827f85aeb63436e.jpg

image.thumb.png.43f83c85ab36bb591ac72d9663973e12.png

Two of black seals, one orange at the end. But the other two? 

I don't have here the injector, buy maybe the gray it's near the orange? 

Edited by KarlosG60

Posted (edited)

I just bought a pack of 4 seals set por 8EUR from BOSCH. Comparing references it seems the same. But didn't come with the micro-filter like this set does:

https://www.ebay.es/itm/332423959672

What size this filters has? In AE there's a lot of them

Edited by KarlosG60

In my experience, buying rebuilt ones has always worked out better for me. Saw it easier to buy rebuilt injectors that came with a warranty in case they didn't work than to try to rebuild mine and have the chance of them not working ahaha. Maybe somebody else can point you in the right direction of rebuilding them. Do you have Bentley? Does it explain what all needs to happen in order to rebuild? 

Also check 7-zap if you haven't already to find OE part numbers if you need for any of the rebuild of the injectors

Posted (edited)

IMG_20240413_133858.thumb.jpg.99e7b74bc6274ec14b0047db9a36c910.jpgHello 

I have the O-rings sets. But I don't understanding what is talking about here. What I should replace? Which part is yellow here? I only see ORANGE. Am I daltonic?IMG_20240413_125249.thumb.jpg.d897932c440771de86701acbc2ccd221.jpg

IMG_20240413_133858.jpg

Edited by KarlosG60