Redfox

Hello again after years and a problem... ;)

Thanks Fendervg.

The flaps are very smooth as always. I've greased the cables and their mecs, links etc. I've used a "Nissens" heater matrix. The upper metal frame is 2mm too wide and cannot be sanded down, as it will fall apart. A slight change to the receiving HVAC slot, and it works well, while still holding on to the original one, if I should find such a rare item new.

Today I installed a "new" second hand instrumentation from Germany, and it works... sort of....

Some LCD lines are burnt out, and the lighting doesn't work, I'll take a look at that tomorrow. Thank you German seller on fleabay... Not.

And the new expansion bottle cannot fit the connector, so I sanded slightly the two pins slimmer and it fits. I absolutely LOATHE non-original spare parts. There's ALWAYS a catch; ALWAYS something that has been made imprecise. Yuck!

Engine started up again and seems to run well (as usual). Now, the HVAC is back into the car, and a slow reassembly is going on.

Kind regards,

Redfox.

The lights might just be that the bilbs have burned out and need replacing hopefully. Does the rest of the dash lighting work?

The lcd showed lack of some lcd lines. The bulbs were blown, so I inserted new ones. So, funny thing. New earth cable, and voila, the lcd works on all lines. I can only stress that this particular earth going from the ignition coil to top of gas valve, needs to be fresh, not corroded under the black sheath. All okay now.

I spent 12 hours today reassembling, as the wireing were messy and I needed to sort that out. Now it sits well as it should. Tomorrow is time for all the interrior plastic and the rain system in the front and the wiper system, fresh air intake etc.

Kind regards,

Redfox.

Edited by Redfox

Thanks Fendervg.

The flaps are very smooth as always. I've greased the cables and their mecs, links etc. I've used a "Nissens" heater matrix. The upper metal frame is 2mm too wide and cannot be sanded down, as it will fall apart. A slight change to the receiving HVAC slot, and it works well, while still holding on to the original one, if I should find such a rare item new.

Today I installed a "new" second hand instrumentation from Germany, and it works... sort of....

Some LCD lines are burnt out, and the lighting doesn't work, I'll take a look at that tomorrow. Thank you German seller on fleabay... Not.

And the new expansion bottle cannot fit the connector, so I sanded slightly the two pins slimmer and it fits. I absolutely LOATHE non-original spare parts. There's ALWAYS a catch; ALWAYS something that has been made imprecise. Yuck!

Engine started up again and seems to run well (as usual). Now, the HVAC is back into the car, and a slow reassembly is going on.

Kind regards,

Redfox.

update:

So my Corrado G60 is out and about again, spreading terror amongst beemers 😉

I spent some 7 hours mingling with the wireing so it sits nice and well protected. Then the rest is just reassembly.

I also took the gauges from my original instrumentation, and installed them into the new second hand instrumentation I bought in Germany. Works fine, and I can retain the 55L fuel gauge, rather than the dreadfull 70 Liter showing on the newer version (sat in a Passat G60).

Car is working fine again. I wrote a mini guide to do the heat exchanger job, so take a look at that thread in this same section, if need be.

Kind regards,

Redfox.