johnpmc22

Headlight upgrade

Hey All, just noticed the other evening (very dark) how crap my headlights are when not on full beam on my G60, maybe my eyes are fading🤷‍♂️.

I see lots of threads on headlight here , a lot are old so why not put this out there for newbies like me and the time of the year.

Does anyone have any recommendations, for upgrades that work that are either plug and play or will require little effort

2 hours ago, johnpmc22 said:

Hey All, just noticed the other evening (very dark) how crap my headlights are when not on full beam on my G60, maybe my eyes are fading🤷‍♂️.

I see lots of threads on headlight here , a lot are old so why not put this out there for newbies like me and the time of the year.

Does anyone have any recommendations, for upgrades that work that are either plug and play or will require little effort

hi

many members use an uprated headlight bypass loom to achieve better lights - essentially they allow a more direct contact to the battery as the factory loom looses voltage as it has to travel from battery to headlight switch in dash & then down to the lights

ive ran one for years & use Ring xenon max bulbs & the last production run i helped organise used OEM style connectors to the lights making it a very simple install

You need an uprated headlight loom and something like Osram nightbreaker bulbs. This would be a pretty standard solution for most okder VAG cars which all suffer from this problem.

You can relay just the low beams, or the high beams as well - and it's easier if you use original connectors, ideally the more relays the better so that each side has it's own relay for fault tolerance - so look for 3 or 4 relay options.

There's usually a few options available on eBay and the web if you search for "Corrado" and "headlgiht  loom". There is also an intermittend group by organised on this forum or on the FB pages for loom upgrades made to a very high standard by a member (kurzy is the user name I think?).

Try a search on here and it should throw up one of the more recen threads.

3 hours ago, johnpmc22 said:

thanks fendervg, i have been reading the threads alright, alot are old , i will continue to read, one thing that stands out is not to trust the ebay ones ...

drop your name on here Triple relay uprated headlight looms - Page 14 - Forum Group-Buys - The Corrado Forum (the-corrado.net)

i will send out some PM's to those who have put name down so far & try to get it moving along

• Like 1