KarlosG60

Install / glue for interior mirror mount

Hi,

I just bought the mounting for interior mirror (after years searching it for a reasonable price!). So, what I need to do to mounting? What type of glue I need?

image.png.bed58acc18dd34658158766b0af4a3f8.png

Thanks

Go to your nearest windscreen fitter and give him a drink in exchange for his glue?

2 hours ago, KarlosG60 said:

What type of drink do you think should be

A folding one

Having seen people spending money on failed glues from car accesory shops I went to the local windscreen fitting place and asked one of the fitters if he could glue it on.  He obliged and wanted no payment. I gave him a fiver and the mirror was still on the car when I sold it.  I don't really know of anyone who has had lasting success with store bought adhesives.

I just asking because the car is not running now, so maybe I can install the mirror myself. But I will do that are you saying, @Wullie, and bring it to my workshop to do that. They already know me.

Thank you guys.

FYI, I used the Loctite rear view mirror bonder on my campervan and have had no issues. The key is to spend time prepping / degreasing the mount / screen, follow the instructions and wait as long as possible before installing the rear view mirror to the mount.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, andyzplace said:

FYI, I used the Loctite rear view mirror bonder on my campervan and have had no issues. The key is to spend time prepping / degreasing the mount / screen, follow the instructions and wait as long as possible before installing the rear view mirror to the mount.

Nice advice. Thank you, I will check it.