Sign in to follow this  
aposegil

Your opinion on Cyro system already discussed

Hello guys

Well as some of you know Ive been trying to get a charge cooler designed over here in the uk that would except the use of C02 to cool things down :)

Well as Ive had no luck I came across these guys http://www.cryofuzion.com/ which not only have designed but also perfected it to work at its best.

After very long talks (and the way things are going with me) its been agreed that I can distribute their product over here in the UK which I will also use my car as a demo (once its bloody running lol) and a few other.

Anyway how many of you guys would be interested??? if so feedback etc on the product

Thanx in advance

alex

I'm quite interested in an Interfreezer for the VR. Needs to be a small one though as there is bugger all room on the intake for a big one!

I did have a browse on the site but couldn't find any info on how long a bottle of CO2 lasts, any ideas?

I'd be interested in the interfreezer thing, but read somewhere that injected fuel does not atomize effectively in the 'super cooled' air leading to misfires etc. Is that true?

Make your own, cheep as chips, think mine has cost me about 40 quid so far!

I would be very very interested to see how you make your own for £40 as I would have never imagined the cost being that low!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kev I will be bring in the smaller 2 layer ones as us guys with corrados dont tend to have alot of room with these things :(

Aide thats the first time ive ever heard that, I would be interested to see where this claim has been made as the point of tuning a engine is to reclaim power your losing. I.e. when its hot weather cars tend to work less efficient hence why we do as much as possible i.e. Intercoolers, water injection and Charger coolers to get it to run more efficient

I'll try and dig the book up I read it in, I was actually considering taking a scoup out of my bonnet to cool my inlet manifold by air flow - how desperate for bhp am I :D But book advised against it, particularly for use in freezing weather as mentioned above. With this cyro system i'd assume their'd be thermos to stop air being cooled too much, i'll be free guinea pig for a valver if you like :lol:

Ah ok

I know what u mean and where ur going with it but this doesnt freeze as bad as NOS so alot of these issues that have come up shouldnt be present

Also ive got my own little trick how to keep the inlet cooler so if you want drop me a PM and ill explain it ;) ;)

as for the gunine pig ill think about it but dont hold ur breath lol ;) ;)

Perhaps Aide meant a kind of 'Carb icing' effect?

Where the gas flow is slow, that could potentially happen, but I guess the solenoid is triggered at WOT like NOS, by which time the inlet charge temp on a NA engine will be around 50-60 deg, and then you can slam the interfreezer on, and although they claim 160 below zero, I would suspect 0 - 5 degrees being a more realistic charge temp. I can't really see it cooling a huge volume of moving air from 50 deg to -160 in a fraction of a second. Still, around 5 to 10 degrees for an inlet charge is still pretty dense and cool.

Carb icing got a mention in same book! But as you say I don't reckon the air would be coooled so completely that the injectors don't do their business, if this system can get the charge temp down to a consistent 0degs on a summers day that'd be nice.

You can work out the effects of driving with a permanently fixed 0'C intake temperature.

The EMS was calibrated at a fixed plenum temperature, in the case of the VR6 : 20'C.

Calculate the density ratio when that engine is run at 0'C and you get just under 205bhp.

This example assumes no pressure drop across the "interfreezer" but there WILL be one...

Let's try 0.5psi = 197bhp, 1 psi = 190bhp, 1.5 psi = 183bhp, 2 psi = 176bhp "Alarm bells are ringing, Willy".

thanx for all your replies guiys :)

as for the pressure drop is very minimal as the internal design is very neat actualy :D

the effect you are all talking about is the fuel drop-out temperature of air - the eact value of which i can't recall at the moment. this is the temperature at which fuel will drop out of the air and onto the intake walls as it cannot remain in a vapourised state. the level to which this effects your engine will of course depend upon the intake design - if you have a fuel injector mounted very close to the back of a valve spraying directly onto it then this should not be such a problem as the valve itself is quite warm and will assist in vapourising the fuel prior to it reaching the combustion chamber. however, an injector mounted a long distance from the valve, perhaps with some slight bend or curve in the runner, will exacerbate the problem - it's not such a problem with full load as larger droplets are usually better in terms of specific power output, but in terms of part load driveability it could cause problems.

tt

as for the pressure drop is very minimal as the internal design is very neat actualy :D

Measure it, Alex - you can make your own manometer from a 2L Coke bottle, some tube and a stick.

Ditto tt's comments on fuel puddling.