Sign in to follow this  
Scott

Clutch Master Bleeding.

Can anyone help me with a problem with clutch master cylinder?

I have fitted a new one and am trying to bleed it…. Am having no luck whats so ever!!! – The pedal wont return….

Anyone?

Scott.

Scott, it doesnt. You have to pull it back up by hand(!). You say clutch master cyl - do you mean that or the slave cyl on top of the gearbox? The master cyl on the bulkhead is a single unit that feeds both brakes and clutch.

Can't remember where my notes are, but if I remember rightly (and its the slave cyl):

Get a mate to help, open the bleed nipple, push pedal down, close nipple, pull pedal up. Repeat as necessary. BUT, the master cyl outlet for the clutch is situated towards the top of the reservoir so make sure the level doesn't fall below this while bleeding or you will suck air in to the clutch line.

hth

Scott, it doesnt. You have to pull it back up by hand(!). You say clutch master cyl - do you mean that or the slave cyl on top of the gearbox? The master cyl on the bulkhead is a single unit that feeds both brakes and clutch.

Can't remember where my notes are, but if I remember rightly (and its the slave cyl):

Get a mate to help, open the bleed nipple, push pedal down, close nipple, pull pedal up. Repeat as necessary. BUT, the master cyl outlet for the clutch is situated towards the top of the reservoir so make sure the level doesn't fall below this while bleeding or you will suck air in to the clutch line.

hth

Sorry mate that is wrong :oops:

At least in the VR6.... the VR has a seperate brake master and a seperate clutch master cylinder.... although the reservior on top of brake master does feed the clutch master....

The clutch master then routes to the slave situated on top of the gearbox....

After about two hours of bleeding fluid from the clutch master / slave (it was filthy!) I eventually sorted it :D

Cheers!

:oops:

Sorry. Was just thinking back to when I had to do the 16V and didn't pay enough attention to what u drive (I'll look at the 6 properly later)

Hangs head in shame

Glad you've sorted it tho'