Sign in to follow this  
G60Dan

more intercooler quesitons

Those of you that have intercoolers with inlet & out lets on opposable sides, how have you done your pipe work?

Pic's please :wink:

Also, if you have use extra tubing for straights & curves, where did you get them & how much?

Thanks

Dan

I have my inlet pipe at the normal end but the outlet from the cooler to the car inlet goes under the boost return pipe, will post some pics over the weekend, i did use some toughened wired pipe as it passes near to the fan and didnt want it to move around to much, otherwise for bends i unfortunatley had to go to ripspeed for (look crap in blue).

Hope this helps

Thx

Mark :evil:

used standard Golf G60 plumbing to fit standard Golf G60 intercooler... :) nice and simple... 8)

Will be changing the pipework for new stuff once my nice metal and silicone ones turn up from Germany in the next day or so, purely 'cos the rubber pipes are a little past their best... :roll:

Cheers Lads

Keep the pic's coming

Forgot to write i do have some spare length of tube if you want some can bring it to Edition 38 if you want??

Mark

what sort of hose mate?

When/Where is e38?

The hose i have is 2 inch with wire through the centre of the core i have about 3mtrs of hose you can have as much as you want. Let me know so i can cut it to the length you need or want.

Thx

Thanks Timo :wink:

How much do you want for it Mark? Would be handy if I could get it b4 e38. Not sure how much I'll need yet. I might have picked myself up an intercooler you see. Would like to have it sorted for e38 ideally (inpatient fu(ker in't I! :lol: )

Got any more pic's of your pipe work yet?

You can have the hose for free but it might be difficult to post out its in a 3mtr length which i could cut into the length you want . If you want to pm me and i can give you a my mobile number to call me on.

will post more pics on sat morning.

Thx

You can have the hose for free but it might be difficult to post out its in a 3mtr length which i could cut into the length you want . If you want to pm me and i can give you a my mobile number to call me on.

will post more pics on sat morning.

Thx

Thanks mark, you're a gent! :thumb right:

I don't mind sending you some dosh to cover the postage & something for the hassle. 3 x 1 meter lengths would be perfect mate. If you want to keep a meter for yourself as spare, 2 meters would still probably be fine. Let me know if this is ok & I'll get some beer tokens in the post for ya :wink:

One more question - where you have joined 2 pipes, what have you used as an insert for the jubilee clips to tighten on 2?

Thanks again

Dan

Dan,

PM your addrss and i will send it out in 2 x 1mtr lengths and let you know P&P where ive joined 2 pipes i bought inserts from Ripsped fairly expensive but do the job well.

Thx