Sign in to follow this  
cheesy

Intercooler for My Turbo Technics kit

dont use corrado g60 intercooler, they arent the ideal ones. Id consider the advice aposegil has given as i have seen his one which is also good value for money, but you might run into fittemnt issues with stock front bumper.

rgds

I have a rallye one, it requires you to modify the twoing eye bracket and thats all,

nice fit and fills up the front of the car nicely

thats what i would recomend anyway

The Corrado G60 cooler is roughly the same size as the original RS Turbo based TT cooler that came with the original kit. Although it's location is less than ideal.

Don't use a massive front mounted IC as you will just get too a big a pressure drop from the tiny Garrett T25. Go for a smaller one with water / methanol injection.

Ring Vince and ask him what IC he used when he did the 16V T conversion to a Corrado.

http://www.paceproducts.co.uk/automotive-parts.shtml these guys make chargecooler systems, it consits of all bits you need, core, radiator, pump and deposit. They have single cores, 2,3 and 4 cores. This is an alternative if you dont want to go front mount and want to keep the boost piping short and improve responsivity, this coolers are really good especially for 1/4 miles :) . They also make intercoolers to ur spec.

rgds

Been spking to vince today.

He can't commit to fitting this kit as he has some big projects under way.

Hes told me to get the rods and gudgeon pins out and send to him and he'll sort them out, hes told me to use a G60 head gasket.

As for the intercooler i may of got this wrong but sounded like nothing to big but what u can get fitted in the avaliable space.

Also with the intercooler itself

Whats the best option to get the pipe run onto it?

As in both side exit?

1 side exit 1 exit towards engine?

hope that makes sense

chris

with all engines, the key to good power is good flow... Your ideal intercooler will have as good a flow through it as possible depending on where you mount it... The ideal would be straight out of the turbo into the intercooler (which would be in a nice placement where it will get lots of nice cool air through it) and then straight into the throttle... Obviously this isn't possible on a Corrado due to space restrictions and layout of the enginebay, so you need to compromise... If you can get as few bends as possible and make the ones you do have to have as smooth as possible, then you're gonna get a good set up... 8)

Hope this makes sense...

with all engines, the key to good power is good flow... Your ideal intercooler will have as good a flow through it as possible depending on where you mount it... The ideal would be straight out of the turbo into the intercooler (which would be in a nice placement where it will get lots of nice cool air through it) and then straight into the throttle... Obviously this isn't possible on a Corrado due to space restrictions and layout of the enginebay, so you need to compromise... If you can get as few bends as possible and make the ones you do have to have as smooth as possible, then you're gonna get a good set up... 8)

Hope this makes sense...

That does make sense

What size should i be looking at idealy, using a T25 turbo to start with

couldn't tell you on that one, sorry...

I cheated when it came to that side of things and just bought a VW designed cooler which had been made specifically for the G60 (Ie. a Golf G60 one! ;) ) made life a hell of a lot simpler....

Have a browse around on Google and see what other people using T25s use... ;) 8)