Sign in to follow this  
coullstar

Metallic Grey

Does anybody know of a dark grey metallic/pearlescent colour. I am looking for a really metallic effect when viewed under sunlight.

Oh and it has to be in a spray can and a standard manuf colour.

Stevemac's Corrado is painted in an odd shade of black that I haven't seen too often - looks black under normal light but shines up like sparkly kinda gunmetal under strong sunlight.

Or is that too dark?

Mine is quite rare colour apparently (only one at Woburn meet, officially called 'Dark Green', code LD6U, but everyone always refers to it as Grey, including on the V5. An officially offered colour on the early C's, and pearlescent. Will post a piccy later when I find one

How about Ice Grey Violet? 8)

Not quite what you've described, but very rare and very nice.

Ice Grey Violet Pearl Effect. Paint Code - R3 LK4U 94.

I saw a nice metallic grey pearl effect colour on a 2003 mk4 golf the other day. It had really nice depth to it but wasn't too dark either.

My spolier to make it look like carbon fibre. 8)

Only joking, my wheel centres.

I went to have a look at a local car acc shop and it had Anthracite metallic which is a Vauxhall :oops: colour. Looked almost perfect. I am always looking to change the car and there seems to be more and more people with the G60 steels so this should be slightly different.

Have you taken a trip to one of the larger branches / superstores of Halfords....big rack of aerosol cans with coloured caps...just a thought.

Plus Halfrauds will make you up a can of paint to whatever colour code you want. I got a can of LD7U (or LD7Y - can't remember off the top of my head) made up for about 6 quid. Enough to do door handles, number plate surround etc.. and still got loads left. Match wasn't spot on, but close enough.

hth

randal

how about Porsche LB7V.........which funnily enough is the colour of my new "old" motah........looks black but is in fact quite a nice grey :wink:

Does anybody know of a dark grey metallic/pearlescent colour. I am looking for a really metallic effect when viewed under sunlight.

Oh and it has to be in a spray can and a standard manuf colour.

GO FOR SHWARZ BLACK MATE

Thats the colour you want

Its like gun metal.

8) i work for a paint mixing company(total concept paints), the best metallic grey u'll get that is manuf. colour is vw L7T9 anthrazit.M its a metallic pearl. goes a lil blue in the sun.