Sign in to follow this  
dtjames

White Dials

Hi all,

As you will all know, I am new here.

However, I am getting VR6 in 2 weeks and there are a few things that need doing:

Smashed Front Foglamp

Needs new Headlamp Wiper

and

I want to put white dials in it (speedo etc..)

Any suggestions as to where I can get the parts?

And if I keep the original dash dials, will I be able to put it back in if I decide to sel the car to abuyer that wants the "original" look?

Which are the best tyres to put on (size etc..)?

Thx in advance for your help :D

I suggest you stick with your original dials. I put the white ones on and, although they look cool for a while, they started to get annoying because they are so bright. I think the stock look is much better. About reversing it...The ones i have are the sticky kind. I can't take them off. But i'm not sure if they're all like that. Another thing is, if you're going to put the white dials on be very careful when pulling the needles off. I broke the speedo and the RPM needles. Thank the lord for superglue. My suggestion is stick with the Black dials. They're better all around.

Chris

sounds like good advice, but I will be getting the garage to fit the whole white panel - I thought I would avoid the stick ones.

where is the best place to get parts at a reasonable price for my VR6?

The Corrado has front lit dials - so what many Americans have done is create their own white dial kits.

Just need a bit of measuring and a little design flare - put what u like on then! And stick them how u like too.

As for parts: http://corrado.atx-hosting.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=112

Headlamp washers were - I have them on mine.

But headlamp wipers certainly weren't.

washers I meant !

Sorry - but where can I get them and the dials? (and the foglamp) - stock seems to be a problem.

Please help.

You can get the white dial kits from Demon Tweeks in Wrexham, North Wales. They are made by Lockwood and slip over the originals with no need to remove the needles. A very easy DIY fitment. I think mine were about £25. I have a white C so the white dials look great!!!

yeah that's a little difference we have in the netherlands, i have poor ones on my harddisk here with mph on it, someone with photoshop must be able to make something of that ?!?!

anyone interested, mail me, i will mail all i have with mph.

I changed the bulbs in my G60 to blue but not the one behind the digital clock or mileage bit. How did you do that on your friends dash? Looks sweet.

quite simple... you need a bright clear 5mm led blue, with a resistor that makes it fit for 12volt... mold (is that the right word??) it onto the print of the dash.. be sure + and - are in the right way... before you mold it on, you need to shorten the led, so the top isn't round and bright anymore, this way the light will spread more..

so you shorten the led (with sanding paper or a dremel or something like that) just before the metal part in the glass.

the top of the led ( or what's left of it) should be as far as possible away from the display, so the light spreading will be optimal.

S_DSCF0018.JPG

oh before i forget to say.. in the housing of the lcd display there is a green foil... that HAS to be removed to get an other color...

i think you'll allready know.. but better said once too much then........

this is what the foil looks like

S_DSCF0015.JPG