Sign in to follow this  
LowG

DIY Cheap isv reroute !!!!

Not so sure about that one mate!!! The other way to do the ISV is to buy a dump valve t piece as it will t into the boost hose between the throttle body and intercooler pipe then all you do is get a length of heater hose and connect the ISV to the dump valve pipe. job done so simple and that is basically all that the BBM kit consists of

but you dont need a dump valve,all you doing is keping the loost boost escaping from the faulty isv valve (if its faulty),im gonna get rid of hte boost return pipe and just add another air filter into the charger,this way i should get a nice bov sound without having one and just put a filter on the crancase oil vapour pipe and somehow cover the tb banjo valve with a net or somethign similar so i dont get anything in the engine.correct me if im wrong

i just have the isv routed back into the intake, like the bbm setup. thinkin about takin the isv out completely when i rip out the boost return garbage.

actually lowG, as far as north american corrados are concerned, the isv bleeds off all boost over 12psi.. not sure if its the same for european spec. something about keeping all the cars even or something odd like that. so any setup that should be able to produce over 12psi will benefit from this.. as well as people who have a faulty isv.

i dont see the benefit of a double check valve... check valves are cheap, just replace it every now and then if you notice you're not making as much boost.

well if it works why not,i will completley remove my isv and see how the car runs without it,also im scraping the boost return pipe which should really give me a louder dump valve sound :D

I didn't say you did need a dump valve LowG what I said was you can get a dump valve T piece that will t into the black rubber hose from the plastic intercooler pipe to the Throttle body and then all you get is a length of heater hose 3/4" ( I think ) and run that from the isv to the T piece that way you are recurculatin any lost boost that the ISV is passing back into the intake system. On the other hand you might like that bright brass valve in your engine bay but if you want your engine bay lookin tidy then I wouldn't go for it Iwould either get the proper giro valve that ridgeway sell or get the T piece.

I fitted a giro. It does seem to boost better and i also get a 'zing' sound sound when i change gear. :D Cooooooool :lol:

I'm considering removing the boost return so this may be up for sale.

Lee you can still use the giro valve when you take the boost return pipe off unless you T the ISV pipe into the intercooler hose!!!

now isnt that giro valve the same as a check valve :? it does work in the same principle by leting air flow in 1 direction