Sign in to follow this  
Furkz

heater twister nob

where can i get one of these except VAG coz they prib want abt 30 squid coz mine only works when i stick it on 4 1,2 and the window one do nothing

This wont be anything to do with the switch... it will be the rheostat (a resistor that that clips on the side of the motor that the power plugs into) the fact that it only works on position 4 means that the motor is only working when it is getting no resistance. IE the other 3 go through the rheostat to contol the speed.

The pat is £55 from VAG but i got one from a breakers for a 10er (It may be able to use one off a different car but it obviously needs to be off one with 4 speed settings (not mk2 golf, maybe some mk3's??)

Phone 01159791121 for parts

Cheeers Geezer Know anyone who u carry the job out for £1.60 LOL only kidding

Did it just suddenly stop working or have you recently had all the knobs off (oooooer!)

If they've all been off, just check that the right one's on the fan speed control cos they're not all the same.

Take all 3 off and look at them from behind, you'll see one is different to the other two - that's the fan speed control knob with an extra cutout for the little copper arm part of the switch mechanism.

WAS LIKE THIS WHEN I BOUGHT THE CAR 3 WEEKS BACK ... I MIGHT BE GOING SOUTHEND ON SATURDAY I'LL GET ONE OF THE ESSEX GIRLS TO HAVE A LOOK AT IT THEY MUST BE PRO'S WHEN ANALYSING KNOBS :twisted:

They are pro's but make sure you also take some protection as most of them also carry nasty diseases, these can affect fuel comsumption and sometimes block the injectors completly...