Sign in to follow this  
Rufio16v

120mm too low?? induction

hey dudes and dudettes, just wanna get a few opinions and some tech advice.

ive got a 1.8 16v plus the one with out the ecu. is 120mm too low, and whats the best ride height in the world of lowering??

also its got mechanical fuel injection, which sits on top of the air box, if i fit an induction kit what do i do with it??

cheers

jim

120mm is ridiculous IMO i`ve had -40MM and that scraped the splitter, got -35mm on koni`s & H&R at the mo and it`s cool !

doesnt look low but if you wanna drive your C then go for them-they are brilliant!!!

as far as the induction kit goes then only the stroeve (i think) kit is suitable, it has the air meter on the top, but, not having tried it i wouldnt know but, i reckon just sit with your standard box, a K&N panel filter and dril it if you need to!?

Yeh, drop in a panel filter and you can either drill the wingside side of the box or route a cold air feed in- either through the carbon canister hole (under the air box) or from behind the front grill (prob easiest to do). Do a search as there's plenty of stuff on 16v airboxes. The Scottish Corrado Club website has an excellent 'How to' for the above mod.

And yes, 120mm is rather too low. You'll need the arches rolled, spacers and the ride will be horrible for day to day driving!

You won't get 120mm on the front with any wheel size ( and be able to turn anyway ), but you can get 120mm on the back.

I'm runnin the supersport coilovers wound all the way to the bottom on the rears and about 4/5ths of the way down on the fronts.

I use my car everyday (40+ miles), sometimes it feels like i should buy a kidney belt and a neck brace, but i'm used to it like that i ran my mk2 golf at the same height. I think its up to you, depends wether you like it bumpy or not :?:

As for wether your wheels will fit - i'm running 9x16's with et15 (205/40/16 stretched tyres) which required a huge amount of arch work. :!: :!:

Ahh - that might be why it seems a little down on power - you've hammered the exhaust flat... :p

:p :lol: :lol: :lol: